We stayed over Thanksgiving and were pleasantly surprised that the resort was in high gear this soon after reopening. Our suite G11 with a roof top terrace was all we had hoped for and then some.
The prices are a bit high and some of the meals are not worth it, but given the number of other fine dining options we had no problem.
Orlando at the bar was excellent as were the remainder of the staff.
The only issues we had if you could cal them that were:
The beach was eroded, but we understand that this always happens early in the season and the length of time to get a cab.
But other than this everything was perfect.
The reosrt is pricy but the view and the service were worth it in my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Samanna nestles amongst lush gardens overlooking 55 acres of spectacular beachfront. A complete resort in itself, La Samanna offers a spectacular private beach, two poolside terraces, 83 luxurious rooms and suites and 8 newly completed 4600sq. ft. villas with private pools. Enjoy its sophisticated food offerings and award winning wine cellar, indulge in its European Elysees Spa, or simply enjoy the privacy and relaxation of this sophisticated and sensual French-Caribbean enclave. La Samanna is everything you could wish for in a Caribbean hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Belmond La Samanna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Samanna By Orient-Express Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- La Samanna Hotel
- La Samanna Resort St Martin