We just returned from our fifth stay at La Samanna. This was absolutely the best stay we have had and they all have been great. From the time we stepped out of the airport until we were returned to the airport we had no anxiety and no frustrations. We were a little disappointed at first in that we had requested Bldg A which is very sentimental to us. We were put in Bldg F which has more a limited view of the sea, but in the end, we were just as happy there. We were stunned at the price of our couples massage and canceled the second one that we had booked and we probably won't book another on our next visit. Most of the services, food and drink are overpriced so we just eat and drink elsewhere if we don't wish to pay the price. The only bad thing that happened was a pool attendant at the main pool refused us towels to take to the beach. We simply walked down to the beach bar and got two towels. We didn't really understand his attitude but it wasn't worth fretting over. We did use the hotel transfers and they are worth the fee in our opinion. We did not use the car rental at the hotel because we were treated very badly by them last year. The service we used, Rodael, was very easy. Breakfast was fantastic as was Romel and crew at the beach bar.
I read in a post that the rooms are very small. Yes, the one that is just a bedroom and bathroom is small. We have had suites and the small room and to us, the small room is just fine because we are only there to clean up and sleep.
We are looking forward to our return next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Samanna nestles amongst lush gardens overlooking 55 acres of spectacular beachfront. A complete resort in itself, La Samanna offers a spectacular private beach, two poolside terraces, 83 luxurious rooms and suites and 8 newly completed 4600sq. ft. villas with private pools. Enjoy its sophisticated food offerings and award winning wine cellar, indulge in its European Elysees Spa, or simply enjoy the privacy and relaxation of this sophisticated and sensual French-Caribbean enclave. La Samanna is everything you could wish for in a Caribbean hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Belmond La Samanna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Samanna By Orient-Express Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- La Samanna Hotel
- La Samanna Resort St Martin