We have been going to Malaysia for many years previously going to The Casuarina which was just fantastic. We stayed last November for the first time at Paradise Sandy Bay, simply because a number of the staff, along with the General Manager Jeff De , had all moved there from the Cas.
We were slightly dubious as the hotel is away from the markets and we spend most of our evenings walking round them. However, on arrival we were met by "our mate" Virginia and knew immediately we had made the right choice in following "our friends" to the Paradise.
The hotel is quite big with a lovely pool. The rooms are huge, clean and whilst they could do with a bit of a spruce up, the views from the balcony looking over Penang and the sea more than made up for this.
The Hotel is on the beach, and there are facilities to dine on there on some of the evenings. It is quite and relaxing and although a lot of the guests are locals, this actually complements the hotel as during the day the pools, bars and restaurants were empty just leaving me and my lilo floating around the pool totally relaxed!!
Whilst staying at the Paradise it was our anniversary and we stayed at the Hard Rock in Batu Ferringhi (just to see what it was like as we loved the location and had fond memories from the Casuarina). But we were disappointed to say the least (see my review of Hard Rock Cafe 17/2/11) The staff were calling us 'DUDES" and it just seemed so out of place, in fact we had booked in for b & b but couldn't wait to get back to the Paradise and our "friends" so we booked a taxi and left our breakfast!
I could go on and on about the staff at the Paradise, they just cannot do enough for you, from Reza at the bar who's character is so entertaining, Raja the Bell Captain who just has us in stitches and my children absolutely adore! ALL the staff are so friendly and accommodating, all I will say about any negative reviews and from seeing some very ignorant guests is that the staff are actually people and respect is a two way thing, there is NO excuse for rudeness.
The building itself is just bricks and mortar, you can jazz it up as much as you like however with the Correct Management Team, whom I must say ALWAYS have time to stop and talk to the guests, combined with friendly staff who actually enjoy working there this for us is what makes a holiday in "paradise"... cant wait for April.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Sandy Beach Hotel Tanjung Bungah
- Paradise Sandy Beach Hotel
- Paradise Sandy Beach Resort
- Rainbow Paradise Beach Resort Penang/Tanjung Bungah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located at Tanjung Bungah, this 4-star resort is just 45minutes away from the Penang International Airport. Its tastefully decorated 315 suites are perfect for business traveller, leisure holiday or family vacation. All suites are fully air-conditioned, equipped with coffee & tea making facilities, hairdryer, IDD Telephone, 32inch LCD screen TV, WI-FI in the room, mini fridge and in-room safe . Kitchenette facilities are available at cost upon request. The Breeze Cafe and Gaya’s Beach Side Bar & Restaurant, overlooking the sea, offers local & western cuisine, and a fully stocked bar for you to enjoy while you watch the sunset. An array of sea-sports, including parasailing, boat rides and jet skis are also available at the beach front.For the more adventurous who wish to explore the vicinity of the Resort, the Heritage City of Georgetown is only 20 minutes away, while a host of entertainment and night spots are just 10 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Rainbow Paradise Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.