“Good hotel for family holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flamingo Hotel by the Beach, Penang

Save Saved
You added Flamingo Hotel by the Beach, Penang to your Saves list
Flamingo Hotel by the Beach, Penang
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Tanjung Bungah, Tanjung Bungah, Penang Island 11200, Malaysia   |
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Tanjung Bungah
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good hotel for family holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I get a last minute booking when with my family in Penang.

The room space is big. Hotel has a large swimming pool for family fun activity.

Best value for money. The hotel is near to restaurants and public amenities. The beach is begind the hotel with beautiful sunset scenery.

• Stayed August 2013
Flamingo2009, General Manager at Flamingo Hotel by the Beach, Penang, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your review.
We are pleased to learn that we have met or exceeded your expectations in terms of service standard and product during your stay.
We thank you for giving us such great comments! I will share your wonderful feedback with the team. Your words and acknowledgement of our efforts are both motivational and encouraging.
We trust you have a pleasant journey home and we look forward to having you again. If we can be of any assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

390 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Penang Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Had to share my opinion to counter the negative stuff on here which seems so unfounded to me..... Just my second day here but the service has been great, our room is more than adequate: spacious,airy and with an amazing sea view, breakfast has something for everyone (I am a veggie and was very happy with my options) and the wi-fi is adequate for me to stream from Mixcloud, download AV updates and surf the 'Net simultaneously from the luxurious double bed.... Either the comments from previous posters were listened to or they were inept! All in all we are looking forward to three weeks in this lovely hotel.. Finally - ok, there are places where the paint is a bit faded but you must remember it is situated on the beach so gets a battering from the elements which would take its toll on any paint, I see the bigger picture and am more than happy here........

Room Tip: Ouris a double suite and had a sea view... Excellent!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I'm writing this from the hotel room and this is the first time I feel compelled to write one. I'm staying in the 11th floor deluxe king size bed with hill view.

Con
- old and tired looking hotel
- room and room toilet has dingy smell
- bed sheet has stains
- has a large balcony but no table or chairs are found
- limited parking (it's free but not guarded)

Pro
- room large enough to fit five or six sleeping bags comfortably. It's spacious but some might say that the room is empty.
- basic amnesties are provided as a hotel should
- can't think of any other pros

Conclusion
I paid RM350 a night for this room and I don't think it's worth this much. Very very disappointed. To future travelers, look elsewhere. The rating for this hotel is false. This is the first time I'm so disappointed with a tripadvisor rating.

• Stayed August 2013
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Location is not the best, I'd recommend getting a place at Batu Ferringhi for a better beach experience. Staff members are VERY KIND and helpful. There's a live band every night and it's so good to know that Filipinos are the ones singing there. Rooms are fairly priced, there's also a good view of the beach from the terrace. No carpets though.

Good breakfast, but very few choices for western food items.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Tipperary, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

i stayed in end June 2013 location is great but i don't rate for more than.... 2.5 stars!!!old furniture, walls dirty,bed sheets old as well,breakfast with not many choices and the prices in bar for 5 star.outside look great but inside disaster.

Room Tip: i recommend sea view rooms but for half price
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Penang Island, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed in Flamingo Hotel during fasting month last year and I managed to get a deluxe room with RM200 plus. The location is great, it is near to Straits Quay, TESCO Tanjung Bungah and hawker center

The room is clean and nice, but no carpet and caused my camera damage when it fell on the floor accidentally :(

I love the breakfast session the most. The food is ok with adequate choice. The most exciting part is the view from the restaurant window. We could see kids playing in pool.

I would rate this hotel as moderate service, great location.

I will choose Flamingo Hotel again if I manage to get better promotional rate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Flamingo2009, General Manager at Flamingo Hotel by the Beach, Penang, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your review.
Do visit our website regularly for latest promotions and offers.
Thank you and have a great weekend ahead!
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We just stayed for a week in July, we rented a three-bedrooms unit for total 6 adults. Flamingo located next to the beach, many restaurants and convenience store nearby, also just about 10 minutes drive to Tesco & Gurney Drive, 20 minutes to George Town, it can be considered convenient.
The hotel facilities is quite dilapidated, but it make us anger and disappointed is their service and room cleanliness, during our stay problems occur everyday; our room air-con dripping…toilet sink and shower blockages…toilet board loose and moldy…the most terrible thing is the towel, its dirty with brown colour stains! And then we must call them many times after they will repair and replacement. Also the daily room clean up is very sloppy, outside of other guest room, the tableware after-use they did not pick up, let it put on the floor for a whole day, its incredible!!!
About daily breakfast, its only acceptable but also their service is unacceptable too, don't expect the waiters will entertain you, coz next table a child spilled milk on the floor, his mom talked to one of them for a help, also others saw that what's happened but they didn't clean it, finally its cleaning by the child's father!!!
And beach is only for those who love water sports, not suitable for swimming because there are too many undercurrents and stones.
About Flamingo…totally disappointed !

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your review of our property.

We have taken note of your comments. We have highlighted your specific room to our Executive Housekeeper and extra care will be taken to ensure that the rooms are maintained in a pristine condition.
We are disappointed to know that there were inattentive staff at our café. Let us assure you that this is not our standard nor our corporate value system. Staff will be reminded to be pleasant and attentive. A refresher training will be given to our service staff. The outlet manager has also been reminded to ensure that there are staff at vital service points at all times.
I would like to extend my most sincere apologies. You can be rest assured that I will look into the other matters with my team for immediate improvement.
Once again, I thank you for your feedback and support and look forward to welcoming you in the near future. If we can be of assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you and have a great day!

Ong Hai Leong
Flamingo Hotel by the beach Penang.

Been to Flamingo Hotel by the Beach, Penang? Share your experiences!