“Worse as what expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Flamingo Hotel by the Beach, Penang

You added Flamingo Hotel by the Beach, Penang to your Saves list
Flamingo Hotel by the Beach, Penang
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Tanjung Bungah, Tanjung Bungah, Penang Island 11200, Malaysia   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Tanjung Bungah
Ipoh
“Worse as what expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I will share the -ve first followed by +ve ones.

The main thing that irritates me about this hotel is the cleanliness. I saw rubbish along the walkaway to my room and it was there after a night. Very poor housekeeping.
When I checked into my room, found a piece of paper on the floor. Wonder how the housekeeping does their cleaning. Went to their toilet, and the toilet seat cover was so disgusting.
Complaint to Front Desk, and was told to call Housekeeping ourselves.

Found many black ants on the TV table and also on bed.

I went to Front Desk the next morning and attended by one Receptionist.
Told them WIFI was very slow in the room. She replied not only you experiencing the same thing, many do complains. As a Front Desk personnel, you must first of all apologize BUT she did not. Not so well train Front Desk as what seen.

No newspaper were distributed every morning. Wonder why?

Good thing about this hotel is the location to Straits Quay & Batu Feringgi.
Their breakfast is moderate but many varieties. Staff in cafe were helpful.

Generally, I would not come back to this hotel again as quite many hotels around which has been renovated and better.

I do hope the Management can really look into these few matters.
Thank you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Flamingo2009, General Manager at Flamingo Hotel by the Beach, Penang, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry to hear about the incidents that took place during your stay and would like to extend my most sincere apologies. You can be rest assured that I will look into the matter with my team for immediate improvement.

It is our sincere hope that you will visit us again.

Flamingo Hotel by the beach Penang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

First of all in a hotel the cleaning is the most importetnt thing every one cares about,in this hotel you can not see any signs of cleaning...the rooms are very dirty,room floors are made of old tiles and has a bad dirty color,rooms are big and its good,beds are big and comfortable,but duvets are very dirty,you may be get skin alergic deases in rooms....the bath water is not hot and you should wait for water get warmer...caus of the sirculation rouds in hotel is tiles when somebody walks in corridors you can here in rooms.and the big problem in hotel is ELEVATORS.you should wait and wait and wait to they come...we also many times get to use staff elevator to get the g floor...and in breakfasts you should wake up to early to get breakfast unles you can get anything cuas all food are finished....and foods are not tasty and clean too,beware of them....what they cooked for dinner you can see in breakfast...
Teh pool is good specialy the poolbar is great,its the only great thin in this hotel...staff are very rudd and not helpfull,hotel is far from city becuase it has a private beach if you want to go city you should pay about 30 ringets....
I advise you not book this hotel for many reasons more than all for yous own health....there are many many good hotels in city...and penang is a good city
At last because of hotels low rating and low servises the hotel changed its names severaly....

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry to hear about the incidents that took place during your stay and would like to extend my most sincere apologies. .
We have taken note of your comments. We have highlighted your specific room to our Executive Housekeeper and extra care will be taken to ensure that the rooms are maintained in a pristine condition.
We hope to improve with the help of your feedback so that your next stay with us will be a more pleasant and memorable one.

Mr Ong Hai Leong
Sanaa, Yemen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The minute I entered the lobby I didn't feel welcomed as any other hotel. The room was clean but very old furniture, small TV. The balcony had a good sea view but the window was in the corner!! As for the Breakfast it wasn't organized at all. The only thing that made my stay was the beach and water sport in the hotel beach. I really enjoyed parachuting, Jet ski..etc

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Flamingo2009, General Manager at Flamingo Hotel by the Beach, Penang, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Once again, I thank you for your feedback and support and look forward to welcoming you in the near future. If we can be of assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you and have a great day!

Ong Hai Leong
Flamingo Hotel by the beach Penang.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Overall, this was what a nice hotel to stay at. It is reasonably priced, has a great breakfast buffet, wonderful pool, close to Batu Ferringhi and Georgetown. Most of the staff were good, with the exception of the front desk service staff. We were told the day before we had to leave
late check out the following day would be at 2 PM, only to be told the following day that it was at 12 PM. 2 hours is a lot of time when you have to wait for your driver to come at 6:30 PM. They didn't seem to care about this mistake. Good place but for service reasons, we will not be staying here again. As a former local, I would have expected more. Great hotel, good facilities, wonderful view, just don't expect everyone to be truthful and friendly. This is no means a reflection on Penang (as it is a wonderful place), just a few heads need to be pulled in.

• Stayed June 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Overall the hotel room was big & comfortable. Although it said Wifi available, but in fact the Wifi is not working at all. The lobby staff was good & friendly but the staff at the cafe (where the breakfast serve) is very rude & not friendly at all. The staff only chit chat among each other instead of doing their work.

Room Tip: No WIFI available
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
However I will also share the good feedback which you gave about the front desk.

Thank you and have a great day!

Ong Hai Leong
Flamingo Hotel by the beach Penang.
Klang, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Pro:
- Overall very nice Beach Hotel, room is Big, Clean and Tidy.
- Big balcony with very beautiful Ocean View.
- Staff are helpful & nice.

Con:
- Breakfast so-so only with limited choices. Staff handling in the rest are rude & moody.
- Too many middle east visitor, feel not very comfortable.
- Very limited car-park.
- Cannot connect WiFi in room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Flamingo2009, General Manager at Flamingo Hotel by the Beach, Penang, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Greetings from Flamingo Hotel by the beach Penang!
Thank you for your feedback which enable us to objectively review the facilities and services we provide to ensure that we meet our guest expectations. We strive to make each of our valued guest to stay in memorable as the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all our guests.
You can be rest assured that I will look into the areas which need improvement together with my team.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should we be of any assistance to you!

Ong Hai Leong
Flamingo Hotel bu the beach Penang.
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

One look, and you probably guess the Flamingo Hotel's probably one of the older ones in Penang. Understandably, the rooms and facilities may not be fantastic compared to newer hotels, but certainly the shortcomings could be improved in other ways: carpeted floors in the rooms, or upgrade the toilets, for instance. The only saving grace was that our room was facing the sea and offered a great view of the coastline.

The hotel staff were helpful as far as I could tell, but service could be further improved, particularly the folks at the front desk and restaurant.

Probably if the hotel went through a facelift or upgrade I would return, else, that one stay could be my first and last.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Flamingo2009, General Manager at Flamingo Hotel by the Beach, Penang, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our best to provide not just good value but a comfortable, clean and friendly place to stay.
Therefore I will personally look into your suggestions with regard to the upgrade and makeover.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to Flamingo Hotel by the beach Penang again. If we can be of any assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Thank you and have a nice day!
Flamingo Hotel by the beach Penang

Been to Flamingo Hotel by the Beach, Penang? Share your experiences!