This is our first time to the area, and were a bit apprehensive as visiting it by public transport.
We needn't have worried, as this guesthouse has a bus stop just 10 metres down the road, and it took us only 20 minutes from Swansea bus station.
When we arrived, we had to stop before we entered. The view from the doorway was spectacular. Just in front of us was the sea with a lovely view across it back to Swansea.
The guesthouse is really well looked after, everything in pristine condition which Mary and Lin look after perfectly.
Only 10 minutes walk from the centre of the village along the nice coastal path, it was an amazing spot to base ourselves at whilst visiting Gower. Easy to get anywhere, and easy to come back to after a long day visiting the sights.
The owners were very helpful at giving tips of places to visit and restaurants to eat at during our stay, and we learnt that for some places a reservation in advance is a neccesity.
The room had a view onto the bay through some big windows, which meant that the light on this sunny bank holiday was so appealing. Everything very comfy, good choice of pillows and duvet and towels nice and fluffy.
The breakfast is another great aspect of this stay. Full English (sorry, Welsh) breakfast cooked fresh, with a full selection of fruit, yoghurt and cereals to help you fill up for the day ahead.
We had an amazing time here, and would definitely come back to visit the area, and stay here every time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1855, Tides Reach is a handsome, elegantly furnished well appointed guest house providing high standards in quality, comfort and service, whilst providing an informal and friendly place to relax and savour the views across Swansea Bay. All rooms are en-suite, are equipped with televisions, DVD players, internet access, irons, hairdryers, alarm clocks, pampering kits and hospitality trays. Adjoining the guest house is a self catering flat with spectacular sea views which sleeps 4 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Tides Reach Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tides Reach Guest House Hotel Mumbles
- Tides Reach Guest House Mumbles, Swansea