“Such a let down .” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Panorama Restaurant and Bar

Panorama Restaurant and Bar
10 Oceanside Parade | Mullaloo Beach Hotel, Mullaloo, Joondalup, Western Australia 6027, Australia
(08) 9401 8411
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Such a let down .”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

First time I have ever visited this establishment and will be my last.Ignored when we walked into the restaurant and then after trying for a long time to grab someone's attention for a menu or a drink finally got some service and ordered some share plates between four people only to be given the food minus plates,cutlery,napkins .After a long wait I finally got some grumpy old man who just about threw a few napkins at the table and walked off . Absolutely terrible service and its such a shame because there is no doubt that the views are outstanding .I guess they think that this is enough .

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Perth, Australia
“great view. highly priced everything”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Great views, outstanding. Food and rooms average but not value for money . I would expect outstanding rooms and service for the prices we paid, but not so. been in better hotels for much less. Sort that out and it would be good.

Visited March 2012
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had the most amazing meal here. It is quite expensive but worth the high prices, you totally get what you pay for and it soo tickled our taste buds, we will be back

Visited August 2012
Perth
“Great view, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The view from here is lovely and if you are not after a first class dining experience, then you'll be happy. Last time I went here the food was not good enough to entice me to drive 20km or so to go back.

“Very disappointing service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is our local restaurant. We have had a few really good lunches here. We decided to eat here for our wedding anniversary last night..

We started by having a drink in the bar next door while we waited for our table. It felt like the venue was unloved and the clientele were pretty rough. My husband and I couldn't wait to get out of there. The toilets were disgusting. The only redeeming feature was the bar staff, who were efficient and cheerful.

We went through to the restaurant and were swiftly shown to our table. The evening started quite well will great starters (squid and oysters) and the wine list is ok (although rather limited).. The service was attentive at the start of our meal.

However, during our main course (I ordered the fillet steak on eggplant mousakka) when I tried the eggplant it was bitter and inedible. The waitress came over to ask how our meals were and I politely explained that I was unhappy with my main course. Without a word she whisked my food away and took it into the kitchen.

After about 5 minutes (while my husband's steak was going cold) we wondered what was happening (as nobody came over to our table) my husband got up and spoke to the Manager to ask what was going on. He was curtly told that "we are just discussing that". After a few more minutes the chef came over to our table and apologised and offered to re cook our mains.
By this point, due to the lack of interest or service from the front of house staff we were disappointed as our celebratory dinner had been somewhat ruined. I settled for a salad and we finished our meals. We felt the front of house staff ignored us after we dared to give negative feedback regarding the food.

The worst thing about this experience was that it could have easily been sorted out by the manager or any member of the service team coming over and saying "we are sorry that your meal was disappointing, how can we sort this out?" Instead, the chef was hauled out of the kitchen on a busy saturday night as none of the front of house staff could face us after we gave honest feedback when they asked us for it!

I would possibly return here for lunch as it is our local restaurant and the food is normally pretty good. The service is usually OK, but on this occasion I would describe the service as very poor. I would certainly not return in the evening and I would not consider going here for a celebration.

• Visited August 2012