Apparently the first hotel in Stavanger (a cabbie told me). Decent standard but too many small irritating things to put me off:
- They don't open checkin before 3pm. Frustrating when you arrive at 1pm.
- The restaurant isn't open for you to have a meal/drink while you wait for the checkin (they could have earned some easy money on me there).
- Closest restaurant (perhaps except Rica Forum hotel restaurant) is a taxi ride away, so you might as well head down town (as I had to).
- When I finally checked in, I was told there were no more rooms in the category I had booked (double room). Receptionist: 'Would you like a single room at the same rate?' Not really.
- Asked to get a double room the next day, but still not available. I could get a single room rate upon check out though (which didn't happen).
- Bath room was a remnant from their 70's and 80's modernisation (yes, both). Had to sit askew on the WC as the bathroom sink is in the way.
- The bar closes at 10.30pm! When back from an evening meal in Stavanger, the barman was closing, referring us to the reception mini bar (?!), where we could buy a beer, and go back to the bar and get a glass from the barman and watch the remainder of the football match..
The list goes on. On the positive side, the free wifi worked with not too much hassle and breakfast was pretty good.
I won't be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located 2 kilometers from the city center of Stavanger, close to a small lake with beautiful natural surrondings. At the same time we have the best access to all major roads. We offer FREE Wi-Fi, FREE parking, a delicous breakfast and modern rooms with flatscreen televisions with all the channels you would expect and more.All rooms in First Hotel Alstor have a desk and own bathroom with shower. More than half of our rooms also have balcony.You can relax after a long day in our lounge area or dine in our restaurant which serve Norwegian specialities and international favourites from Monday to Thursday.The paths that circle the lake or go into the forrest are ideal for walking, running or bicycling. Only a few minutes away you will find Stavanger Forum, all major sports arenas and less than 10 minutes away you can enjoy some golf.NOTE: First Hotel Alstor have been through a MAJOR renovation that ended in September 2011! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your First Hotel Alstor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- First Hotel Stavanger