“Handy location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Alesund
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Handy location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We visited Alesund In June this year and stayed at this hotel for one night.
The hotel is very nice and modern, rooms the same. Very clean and comfortable. We had a meal in the restaurant which was very nice and good value for money. Hotel is close to the bus station (5 minutes) and a 10 minute walk from the harbour where all the boats and ferries leave from. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. Recommended

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
StefanieTuma, General Manager at First Hotel Atlantica, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear 2Mike2,

Thank you for sharing your feedback here on TripAdvisor.
My team and I appreciate your kind words about your stay with us!

With kind regards,

Stefanie Tuma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is great. Unfortunately there was a lot of noise during the night outside the hotel. The window didn't close totally, we suppose that this was a problem of this room and not generally for the whole hotel.

The wifi worked not very well in our room, we only had a signal standing by the door. But we had to see a lot so there was no time to use it though.

When you go there you should definitely try to see sunset at the Aksla. Only 15 minutes by car or walk by stairs.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Peter t,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and your stay with us.

My apology that there obviously have been some challenges with the window and the internet connection in your room as the entire hotel is actually covered with WIFI.

We hope to welcome you back sometime in the future!

With kind regards,

Porto, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was in Alesund for a Conference last May (ECMS'2013) and this hotel was selected by travel agency. Proved to be a great one. Bedrooms are fantastic, really large and very confortable. I had a great view for the city. Breakfast is ok. Positive aspect is the coffe/tea machine available for free 24h. Service was good as well as cleaning.

Room Tip: There are interior rooms with no view. Ask one with view to the outside!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear jesca_vcp,

We appreciate you making the effort sharing your nice review and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

All our beds at First Hotel Atlantica are actually from Jensen, one of the leading bed producers in Scandinavia. So I am glad to hear that you found our bedrooms comfortable.

Hope to welcome you back some day!

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

A very nice and well located hotel.I had a very nice room with balcony .The view was great and the room spacious.
There is a short wallking distance to the bus station so it is very convinient when you arrive from the airport.There is also very short distance to boat departures.
You could hear some noise from the the restaurants and coffe shops around on Friday and Saturday evenings but it is the centre of Alesund so you can expect it . .Sunday was very quiet.
The breakfast was delicious.
Staff nice and helpful.
Wi-fi worked well .
If I come back to Alesund I will definitely stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 6th floor.Great view on the city centre.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
StefanieTuma, General Manager at First Hotel Atlantica, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Joanna D,

Thank you very much for your nice comments about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon here at First Hotel Atlantica in Ålesund!

Best regards,

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

A very nice hotel with lovely large rooms. We had a room with a water view which was beautiful. The foyer, lobby and dining areas were modern and cheerful. The hotel was a short walk from the street with quite a few restaurants. Very handy. Service was generally good.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear hksydney,

Thank you very much for you recent visit and the review you’ve been sharing on TripAdvisor.
We appreciate your compliments and are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This a very clean, modern hotel that is a great value right in the center of Alesund. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful the entire time I was there. The airport bus will drop you right behind the hotel, which was a convenience I appreciated. I prepaid for my room and they were out of the type I paid for, so the gentleman at the front desk kindly upgraded me to a bigger room, which was great. It had a huge bed and huge window looking out across the street to the water. The bathroom was good-sized, as was the closet. The room also had in-room tea-making necessities, which I loved. The free breakfast in the morning was huge and had a great variety.
The same gentleman at the front desk who upgraded me also was kind enough to help me when I asked him to call a coffee shop for me and ask what their hours were because I speak very little Norwegian and I didn't want to presume that they would understand my English over the phone! :) Rachel at the front desk was very kind and helped me figure out what time I needed to get the airport bus back to make my return flight. She also was very helpful in bringing me extra things I needed in the room, like cups and soap, etc. The location was also very convenient in its closeness to the bus stop and it's centrality in Alesund. The harbor is a five minute walk in one direction from the hotel and the museums and restaurants are a seven minute walk in the other direction. Overall, it's a very clean, modern hotel and the rates, location, and staff make it an excellent place in beautiful Alesund.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
StefanieTuma, General Manager at First Hotel Atlantica, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear acp 0505,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your great comments here on TripAdvisor.
It is a true pleasure to get these feedbacks from our guests and I have made sure that both Rachel and “the gentleman at the front desk” have read your nice feedback about your stay :-)

We hope being able to welcoming you back one day at First Hotel Atlantica!

Apeldoorn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

In the beginning of April 2013 I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. I was lucky to receive an upgrade from a single to a double room facing the fjords at the back of the hotel.
The building of the hotel seems a bit older, but the rooms inside are modern and the one I had was quite a good size. The bathroom was spacious and had a heated floor. There is free coffee/tea making facility downstairs in the lobby. The breakfast was a quite big buffet with breads, cheeses, ham and other coldcuts, yoghurt, hot waffles and serials. The hotel was not very busy when I was there and the people working there are very friendly.
The location of the hotel is in the heart of Alesund. Next door is a shoppingmall with a supermarket, a few places to eat and a bookshop. The bus terminal is right behind the hotel and in front of the hotel is the harbour with the colorfull houses.
Is there anything that could use improvement? The only thing I can think of it the WIFI.. the signal was very weak in my room (worked only in the bathroom) and every time you had re-enter a code.. and that became a bit annoying. Everything else was just perfect!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear icepick80,

We appreciate you making the effort sharing your nice review here on TripAdvisor and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are working on improving the WIFI access - my apology if this caused some inconveniences for you.

We hope being able to welcoming you back soon and we will try very hard reaching the full 5 point rating for your next visit.

Kind regards,

Been to First Hotel Atlantica? Share your experiences!