“I would like to come back:)” 5 of 5 stars

First Hotel Atlantica
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ramus Ronnebergsgate 4, Alesund 6002, Norway   |
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Alesund
Norwich, United Kingdom
“I would like to come back:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

A very nice and well located hotel.I had a very nice room with balcony .The view was great and the room spacious.
There is a short wallking distance to the bus station so it is very convinient when you arrive from the airport.There is also very short distance to boat departures.
You could hear some noise from the the restaurants and coffe shops around on Friday and Saturday evenings but it is the centre of Alesund so you can expect it . .Sunday was very quiet.
The breakfast was delicious.
Staff nice and helpful.
Wi-fi worked well .
If I come back to Alesund I will definitely stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 6th floor.Great view on the city centre.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
StefanieTuma, General Manager at First Hotel Atlantica, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Joanna D,

Thank you very much for your nice comments about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon here at First Hotel Atlantica in Ålesund!

Best regards,

Stefanie Tuma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

A very nice hotel with lovely large rooms. We had a room with a water view which was beautiful. The foyer, lobby and dining areas were modern and cheerful. The hotel was a short walk from the street with quite a few restaurants. Very handy. Service was generally good.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear hksydney,

Thank you very much for you recent visit and the review you’ve been sharing on TripAdvisor.
We appreciate your compliments and are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This a very clean, modern hotel that is a great value right in the center of Alesund. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful the entire time I was there. The airport bus will drop you right behind the hotel, which was a convenience I appreciated. I prepaid for my room and they were out of the type I paid for, so the gentleman at the front desk kindly upgraded me to a bigger room, which was great. It had a huge bed and huge window looking out across the street to the water. The bathroom was good-sized, as was the closet. The room also had in-room tea-making necessities, which I loved. The free breakfast in the morning was huge and had a great variety.
The same gentleman at the front desk who upgraded me also was kind enough to help me when I asked him to call a coffee shop for me and ask what their hours were because I speak very little Norwegian and I didn't want to presume that they would understand my English over the phone! :) Rachel at the front desk was very kind and helped me figure out what time I needed to get the airport bus back to make my return flight. She also was very helpful in bringing me extra things I needed in the room, like cups and soap, etc. The location was also very convenient in its closeness to the bus stop and it's centrality in Alesund. The harbor is a five minute walk in one direction from the hotel and the museums and restaurants are a seven minute walk in the other direction. Overall, it's a very clean, modern hotel and the rates, location, and staff make it an excellent place in beautiful Alesund.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
StefanieTuma, General Manager at First Hotel Atlantica, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear acp 0505,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your great comments here on TripAdvisor.
It is a true pleasure to get these feedbacks from our guests and I have made sure that both Rachel and “the gentleman at the front desk” have read your nice feedback about your stay :-)

We hope being able to welcoming you back one day at First Hotel Atlantica!

Apeldoorn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

In the beginning of April 2013 I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. I was lucky to receive an upgrade from a single to a double room facing the fjords at the back of the hotel.
The building of the hotel seems a bit older, but the rooms inside are modern and the one I had was quite a good size. The bathroom was spacious and had a heated floor. There is free coffee/tea making facility downstairs in the lobby. The breakfast was a quite big buffet with breads, cheeses, ham and other coldcuts, yoghurt, hot waffles and serials. The hotel was not very busy when I was there and the people working there are very friendly.
The location of the hotel is in the heart of Alesund. Next door is a shoppingmall with a supermarket, a few places to eat and a bookshop. The bus terminal is right behind the hotel and in front of the hotel is the harbour with the colorfull houses.
Is there anything that could use improvement? The only thing I can think of it the WIFI.. the signal was very weak in my room (worked only in the bathroom) and every time you had re-enter a code.. and that became a bit annoying. Everything else was just perfect!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear icepick80,

We appreciate you making the effort sharing your nice review here on TripAdvisor and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are working on improving the WIFI access - my apology if this caused some inconveniences for you.

We hope being able to welcoming you back soon and we will try very hard reaching the full 5 point rating for your next visit.

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel has a good location. Close to houses with "Jugend" style in, shopping in Ålesund storsenter, harbours and the bus station.
Room and bathroom are pleasant with tv, minibar, coffe maker etc.
The room had a nice view to the south over the harbour.
Some traffic in adjacent street during rush hours
The breakfast is traditional norwegian with usual orders including fried eggs and bacon
Complimentary coffe and tea is available 24/7 in the ground floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 5th or 6th floor to the south
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
StefanieTuma, General Manager at First Hotel Atlantica, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Havard14,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor.

We are all looking forward to your next stay with us!

Kind Regards,

Karlstad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed at First Atlantica during a business trip. Location is great, nice restaurant/ bar and good breakfast.

The lobby has a cozy atmosphere, rooms in modern design and a welcoming staff. Was upgraded to a deluxe room by a very nice lady in the reception (because I signed up got their loyalty programme J) – got a spectacular view of Ålesund for free from the terrasse of the spacious room.

Will definatly choose this hotel next time I am back in Ålesund. Great value for money!

The picture was taken from a view point - about 30 minutes up a hill from the hotel

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ALESUND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was were there for a week, occupied outside with my job all the day long: the return to the hotel, every evening, has been always pleasant, as the room was quite fine and calm, the service very good, the members of the staff always kind and ready to help you.
The hotel is well located, better if you chose the rooms not facing the main street, too noisy, may be. I didn't try the restaurant, but the breakfast buffet was astonishing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

StefanieTuma, General Manager at First Hotel Atlantica, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear AvonAlesund,

Thank you for your nice review and sharing your positive feedback here on TripAdvisor.

Great to hear that you enjoyed your hotel stay at First Hotel Atlantica!

Especially nice to hear that you liked our breakfast buffet so much – we are putting a lot of effort into giving our guests a good start into their day with our “power breakfast”.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Kind regards

Stefanie Tuma

Been to First Hotel Atlantica? Share your experiences!