“Do not use the car park in the basement of the hotel” 1 of 5 stars

First Hotel Marin
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rosenkrantzgaten 8, Bergen 5003, Norway   |
Ranked #14 of 42 Hotels in Bergen
l
“Do not use the car park in the basement of the hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here and unfortunately used the car park in the basement ? What a nightmare I was a bit suspect when I saw the car park was operated by Europarks ? Anyway I asked reception if I could use and they said find a space.So I parked the car and got a ticket from the machine in the car park.when I went to take my car out the next day I followed the instructions and paid by credit card in the machine.to my horror a few month later I got a bill on my credit card from the hotel for 800 NOK or £77.78GB ? I asked them what it was for and at first they said food? I said I paid on leaving and then they said it was for car parking ? I said I only was there for 1 day. Anyway I had to deL with this terrible Europarks company and after weeks of hassle and hours of wasted time I got a part refund....I

Room Tip: Watch out for car park scam
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Polish first
Trondheim, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel promised more than it delivered, I'm afraid. The positive of a big and clean room does not balance with the weaknesses: bad mattresses, dated furniture, standard breakfast, low quality toilet paper and toiletries. The ventilation seems to have a strange functioning since our 6th floor room was filled with breakfast smells evere morning.

Its location is another thing to consider: the street is aligned with clubs and bars so it got quite noisy in the evenings. So if you are in Bergen for the party or restaurant life, it is a centrally located restaurant. However, a female traveller should not fall for the First Lady room offer in this hotel due to its dubious location.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
MonicaSelvik, General Manager at First Hotel Marin, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Pinguz,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us at First Hotel Marin.
I really do appreciate that you took the time to evaluate us, and I can assure you that we will focus on improving our routines regarding the issues that you have pointed out. Please accept my sincere apology. I will bring this to the attention of the managers in charge.

I am happy to inform you that we are renovating the hotel. 3 floors is already finnished, and we will continue the work from the beginning of 2015.

Please let me know if you plan to return to First Hotel Marin and I will do my outmost to offer a free upgrade in order to compensate for your less fortunate experience this time.

We wish to welcome you back to First Hotel Marin!
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is most suitable if you come for business only. Room setting is standard, clean but furniture is outdated. Internet speed is quite fast. Strategically located near restaurants, bars, cafes and grocery shop. If you come to Bergen for tourism or with family better find another hotel.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Kopihitam,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us at First Hotel Marin!
I really do appreciate that you took the time to evaluate us, and I am glad to hear that you appreciated the location.

I am sorry to hear that you found the hotel unsuitable for tourists and families. We do have a vast number of room categories, some of which are especially designed for families.

If you ever vist Bergen as a tourist or with family, please let me know and I'll make sure that you're assigned an appropriate room for the occasion.

We wish to welcome you back to First Hotel Marin!

Yours sincerely,

Monica E. Selvik
First Hotel Marin
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

Nice hotel with a good location. Rooms are clean and tidy. Breakfast vas good, with a good variety of dishes. The beds could be better quality and there could be a larger selection of pillows. A lot of nice restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with FirstHotels.com

MonicaSelvik, General Manager at First Hotel Marin, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Upsolsen

Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your stay with us at First Hotel Marin.
We are very pleased to hear that you had a nice stay and enjoyed the breakfast.

We hope to get the pleasure of welcoming you back to Bergen and First Hotel Marin in near future.

Yours sincerely
Monica Selvik

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

Hotel catering for business customers not tourists. Good location but wrong side of harbour for the pretty view. Reception staff vague and unhelpful throughout the stay. Noisy air vent system rumbling though night causing disturbed sleep. Staff ignored my complaint. Blood stained towel replaced with ripped one.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

Very good value for money at this hotel which is located at Bryggen close to everything; the harbour, fishmarket and town center.
Breakfast is included in the price. It's a nice, big, typical Norweigan one with salmon, makrel, brown cheese, etc. You can even make your own waffles.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Trondheim, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

We stayed a night at this hotel before moving on to Flam on boat. I have two small kids and needless to say a lot of luggage that goes with them, the Deluxe room on top floor was perfect and very spacious. Bedroom has double bed and the cot and the "living room" was also with a double bed and so my older son could sleep there. I liked staying on the top floor with the sloping roof, gave a nice "norweigian" feel to the experience.
Location is very good and convenient... it was the last stop by bus from airport to city. They announce the names of hotels with every stop. Some fabulous restaurants all around the hotel so was very convenient to eat even though we reached quite late into the night. We were to leave early in the morning as the boat timing was so... and the breakfast was to be served exactly at that time... so we missed it. I didn't like that... as I am sure a lot of people who do stay there do travel by the speed boat into fjords, and the timing of the boat departure is standard,... so the hotel should look into this and change their breakfast timing, it is a simple point but when you have two kids... it makes a huge difference.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to First Hotel Marin? Share your experiences!