Bergen is a beautiful town. Actually the best way to start a tour in Norway is to fly to Bergen. Before I elaborate on Norway tour itineraries, let me write the review:
- Hotel is set bang in the town centre, 5 mins walk from the famous Fish Market, Tourist Information Centre and the beautiful Bay Area. So for location, it gets 5/5.
- The receptionist was a warm lady, who allocated the three rooms to we three couples. Actually, 2 of the rooms were not cleaned - so it took an hour for all of us to check in. We had a 1yr old baby, so we got our room immediately.
- Rooms were basic, there was scarcity of bulbs and lights in my room. The other 2 rooms were all right. Bathroom was all right. For quality of sleep & quality of room: 3/5
- The taxi from Bergen airport to the hotel costs almost 700 NOK. We took a mini van as we wer 6 adults and 1 toddler.
- Taxi from the hotel to the Bergen station costs around 240 NOK. You can book a taxi at the reception and the taxi arrives fairly quickly at the hotel.
- Mount Ulriken is a must visit place. The cost for per person is 245 NOK. You can walk to the bus stop across the fish market and get the tour bus tickets there. Buses leave every half an hour from Mount Ulriken. Its a cable car journey to the mountain top. Please keep in mind that there are NO BUSES after 6 or 6.30 pm back to Bergen City Centre, so you will have to walk for 10 mins and take one of city buses back to the city centre (and pay additional 22 NOK per person). We spent a lot of time in the evening on the mountain top and then had to walk to the bus stop, pay extra and then get back to the City Centre. Mount Ulriken cable cars run upto 9pm at night in summers.
- City Centre, Bay area and Fish market is a buzzing place with numerous restaurants, bars, Subway, Burger King, utility stores (Seven Eleven etc.). You can walk along the bay area and explore the Bergen Town Centre and the Bergen Theatre.
- Another place you can do is 'Floibanen'. Its 10 mins walk from the hotel. There is a train that takes you to the top. We didnt do this, as we had already done Mount Ulriken. This is open till 11 at night in summers.
So thats about Bergen and the hotel. Book this hotel if you are looking for the best location and a decent, average hotel with no frills. Wireless Internet is free of cost in the hotel, the breakfast options were regular.
*** Must do in the Norway is the Bergen Train, Fjord Cruise and Flam Railway ***. For simplicity, you can book & plan your tour using "Norway In a Nutshell".
Fjords are one of the most beautiful things that I have seen!
Enjoy Norway, enjoy Bergen.
This hotel is all right - 3.5/5
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.