“Decent affordable hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 43 Hotels in Bergen
Lisbon
“Decent affordable hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel is located outside Bergen, 5 minutes away from the airport, and about 15 from the city.
The rooms are ok, big enough , but the bathroom could be better.

The breakfast is quite good.

The price is just too much for the quality of this hotel ...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel it is 5 minutes drive from the Bergen airport.
Rooms are confortable and clean. Staff were very nice and breakfast was delicious.
Wi-fi is free.
Free Parking in front of the hotel.
Very nice and cheap hotel in Bergen.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We arrived here last week as part of a group.

Our room was very dirty, especially the floor which was very sticky. The girl in Reception was very unhelpful and rude. After a great deal of pleading on our part we were gvena few extra towels to use to clean the floor ourselves. Excuse being that it was evening and no cleaner was available. Naturally, the person fro Reception could not stoop so low as to help in any way.

Room was also hot and stuffy.

Breakfast was also a very unpleasant affair. Crwoded, noisy and not much food left in a decent state.

I certainly would not want to go there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had too stay in this hotel due to a cancelled flight. Unfriendly welcome...and the rooms are dusty pigeonholes. Stains everywhere in the carpet...and the shower unit is outdated. I asked for a quiet room..and what did we get...a room on top of a car park...with lots of buses arriving.

Can't fully open the windows....no temperature control in the room!

Luckily Wideroe paid for this.... 220 Euros per night for this place is ridiculous...50 Euros at most!

Room Tip: Stay away if possible.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Just stayed here last night for one night only. I arrived at eleven in the morning but had to wait for an hour whilst they cleaned some rooms. Fair enough I thought... The room I eventually get which is admittedly a smoking room was tired, pongy and really rather sad. Do all smokers really have smelly feet, surely not.... I know I am a smoker but I am perfectly happy to stay in a non smoking hotel if the rooms are pleasant.

I went up for the evening meal. Please guys, look up the definition of Bruschetta on the internet, Wikipedia will help or any good recipe site, it's not a lettuce salad. The scallops are best left in the kitchen. The Halibut was actually quite edible despite my foul humour and powerful urge to throttle a chef. I would tell you what the wine was like but my waiter forgot to bring me it. It's a huge restaurant and was busy for a Wednesday evening, seriously cant you give a bit more choice for your international clientèle, It's an airport hotel and thus expected to be decidedly average but you are taking this to the extremes.

Before you say I was unlucky, this is the third time I have been dumped here and the menu in all that time has never changed.

The bar is pathetic and expensive but is the only place around so is obviously a big earner, shame they dont invest in it a bit more. I have more choice in my drinks cupboard at home. (although to be fair it is a very big drinks cupboard at home)

Oh do let me tell you about my meal the following day.... Myself and my 24 colleagues, Thats right 24 of us sat down for a meal before our bus took us away. We were given 24 plates of the most awful mushroom mud soup which about 3 people managed to eat. (Some people have no respect for their stomachs) the remainder was taken back to the kitchen. This was followed by a single frozen chicken leg with some chips, veggies and a splash of curry sauce......Oh what joy. I dont know what my company paid for this, I really hope it was not much though I doubt it. The excuse was apparently it was too early in the evening to get a decent meal and they had no notice even though we all stayed the night.
Not to worry, we hijacked the bus and forced it to stop at a burger joint on route to our final destination. Deep joy

Come on think of something good to say.......thinking..........thinking.........oh I know
It has a pool and the reception staff are very nice and the internet is free.

PS please buy a new coffee machine and change the coffee supplier, your customers would be happy to pay for something drinkable.

Oh I do love a good moan and Thon make it so easy

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel, Oh thats right you cant, cos you need one close to the airport... tough
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Waited for over 30 minutes for our bags to arrive - apparently it got mixed up with the other groups. breakfast buffet with limited choices.
Room was dated and we had tub leakage problem, didn't bother to get someone to fix it as it was just a one night stay.
Remember to close the blinds whenever you're in the room as i could see the children playground clearly from my room and my friends could see someone else *ahem* naked *ahem* from theirs diagonally!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Norway prices £200 for B&B for 2. Breakfast wasnt very exciting - not the choice we had at the Clarion . Decor tired and lifts were bumpy and unnerving. Room too hot and no control to turn it down. Having the window open to cool the temperature meant no sleep from the REALLY loud traffic outside. All in all we would not be back and would not recommend this hotel unless you were desperate.

Its a taxi trip from the hotel so factor that into your costs

Room Tip: Not at the front of the hotel for goodness sake!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Thon Hotel Bergen Airport? Share your experiences!