“Perfect for pleasure” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel Norge

You added Radisson Blu Hotel Norge to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel Norge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nedre Ole Bulls Plass 4 | Postboks 662, Bergen 5087, Norway (Sentrum)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Bergen
Bergen, Norway
“Perfect for pleasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

The perfect hotel for a stay in the heart of beautiful Bergen.We wanted a room with balcony, and the staff were very helpful and we got a beautiful room with perfect view and a balcony :) The hotel has a very nice swimming pool and SPA, we enjoyed a quick swim before getting ready for dinner.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Therese S, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel Norge, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Sissel Waag,
thank you so much for your nice review. We really appreciate this. We hope to see you soon again in our hotel! On behalf of the entire hotel team- best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I’ve stayed in the SAS Radison Blue Hotel at down town Bergen for a couple of times, first more than ten years ago and as recently as yesterday. It’s always been a good hotel, well located at the end of the shopping lane and very down town. The standard of the hotel is good and I get the impression they aim for the premium segment, but misses it by a hair.
Rooms are spacious, well stocked (sofa, table, working desk, good strength WiFi with equally good bandwidth, flat screen TV, mini bar etc.) and really clean despite having a wool carpet. So why not premium? It’s old and quite worn (new toilet but not fitted properly in the old tiles, bath tub chafed, carpet worn, colours faded, design from “back in the days”, etc.) and has just lost that fresh appeal that I’d expect from a premium hotel.
Then there are rooms facing an inner courtyard where they have some kind of stage or theatre, make sure you don’t get one of these rooms! Not only is the view non-existing, but the performances on that stage is a real disturbance when trying to sleep.

Staff is friendly but not overly efficient, not a complaint but a mere remark.

Basement parking garage ridiculously expensive and many times full, no real parking in the streets close to the hotel.

Breakfast on the other hand is close to great with a good assortment of dishes that would please anyone from a vegetarian to a diehard LCHF freak. Breakfast room is large and they have coffee pots every 10 yards so one doesn’t even have to go for far that refill.

The pricing is a bit on the “much” side but that breakfast makes up for much of that.

Will I stay there again? Probably, but alternatives will be investigated that’s for sure.
Would I recommend it? No probably not, but neither would I advise against it as long as you know the deal.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Therese S, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel Norge, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your good and detailed review. We find your review very good, because you mention both positive and less positive feedback. We now our rooms and some parts of the hotel are in need of a refurbishment, and this will happen in the near future. Some of our rooms are facing the courtyard as you mention, but events there are rather seldom.

We really hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, by using the following email: therese.t.steen@radissonblu.com.

On behalf of the entire hotel-team, our best regards
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

The room I was given was very small but did have a desk to work at. Like so many reviews, the rooms need an overhaul as there was much wear and tear. Comfortable beds, the staff are friendly, the breakfast is okay and has something for everyone including some gluten free options that I noticed. Although Bergen centrum is small, this is a great location to get away from old town and explore the many great bars, cafes and restaurants tucked away in the streets behind the hotel.

Dear Jimmy-
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed. We know that the rooms are in need of a refurbishment, and this will happen in the near future.

We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

With our best regards,
Bergen, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

The hotel location is very good, but the bathrooms are horrible! The internet connection isn't 2014. The parking area is small, do not bring a SUV into that garage! Tried the breakfast once. It was actually quite good.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Tom M, Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the standard of the bathroom, and the size of our hotel garage. We are planning a renovation, but have not set the dates yet. The internet connection has been upgraded. We would also like to thank you for your positive feedback regarding our breakfast, we appreciate that!
On behalf of the entire hotel-team, best regards.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

There are many negative reviews for this Hotel and I do not understand why, I felt rooms were well priced and I have heard of many people being upgraded for free (unfortuantly not me)
The room was comfy and large with very nice bathroom and where I was had no sound problems at all, I am a heavy sleeper though.

The location could not be better as is right next to beautiful harbour and not far from many restaurants and bars. The only downside to location was the horrible smell but that was not problem inside hotel only walking to and from which is too be expected if you are near the sea.

I found the hotel staff to be incredibly freindly, especially the bar and restaurant staff which I ended up spending all day with as I booked my train incredibly late and had a whole day to kill with nowhere to go. There was barman a named Aleksejs who went above and beyond freindly and was one of the most entertaining barmen I have ever met the staff all had a good chemistry between them which really made the place seem warmer.

All in all I very much enjoyed my stay and if I could get a room for the same price I got it last time (about 1000 KR per night) I would without a doubt return to this lovely hotel. If you are thinking of booking, do not hesitate.

The only thing I found to be a bit lackluster was the TV which did not have many channels and it seems the only thing I could watch was crappy American crime dramas which got boring very quick and it also had adverts popping up for there movies on demand every so often which was annoying, but that is only a small con against huge list of pros.

Thanks for reading my review I hope you found it helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Therese S, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel Norge, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. We hope we wil have the pleasure to welcoming you back to us next time you visit Bergen.
On behalf of the entire hotel team-

our best regards,
Malibu, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I just finished a three night stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Norge in Bergen. It´s an older hotel but is well kept and the staff are very cordial and helpful. The room was very nice and well appointed. Additionally the breakfast was fantastic. I had dinner in the hotel which was also very good. The wifi is very strong and available throughout the hotel. I would certainly recommend this hotel as it´s also in a very nice location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay here.
We hope that you will choose our hotel next time you visit Bergen.
Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!
on behalf of the entire team.

Best regards-

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel Norge? Share your experiences!