“I tried their food after reading the reviews here.I ordered take-out. The food was not very tasty and "fresh" as I...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of New China Garden Szechuan restaurant

Ranked #101 of 176 Restaurants in Trondheim
Cuisines: Asian
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

I tried their food after reading the reviews here.I ordered take-out. The food was not very tasty and "fresh" as I hoped it would be.I was very disappointed considering it's been hailed as the best Chinese restaurant in Trondheim.

Trondheim, Norway
“Fair chinese food. Noisy atmosphere.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

Fair chinese food. Noisy atmosphere.

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Pretty average, really”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

Located close to the pedestrianised areas of the city centre this restaurant is quite conveniently located. It's on the 1st floor, and I can't remember seeing a lift so visiting may be a problem for someone that have a hard time climbing stairs.

The restaurant itself is medium sized, with about 15 tables spread out across the floor. The most attractive tables are the five or six located next to the window overlooking the street.

The restaurant name suggest that Szechuan food is served, but if that is what you are expecting then you will be disappionted. The menu is pretty limited and consists mainly of "Norwegianised" Chinese dishes. Chopsticks are available if you want them, but the table is as standard set using regular Western cutlery.

Lack of fresh ingredients of sufficient quality may be one of the reasons for the limited menu. At least this is the explanation we were given when we asked about verious dishes that we would have expected to have been available. But at least they did serve Tsingtau Beer, so at least that will give you a flavour of China.

The food we ordered arrived pretty quickly and despite looking slightly different than expected it tasted pretty good.

The personell was mainly Chinese and reasonably friendly and helpful. We had not been impressed when we were turned away when we arrived half an hour before the advertised closing time the evening before. But we decided to give them another chance and it was actually a pretty good experince in the end.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“# 11...could eat it forever:-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2008

# 11...could eat it forever:-)