“Very good but not excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Mo i Rana, Norway
“Very good but not excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We chose the daily 3 course-menu with wine package - cod with fried "bacalhau", roasted breast of duck including puree of sweet potato and cauliflower and a strawberry tart for dessert. The appetizers with gazpacho, raw salmon with avocado puree and foie gras tasted very good. The wines that was served was a prosecco as an aperitif, one nice dry Riesling from the Pfalz in Germany to the cod, a quite powerful and oaky red from southern Spain - a "vino de la tierra de Cadiz" to the duck - and a moscato d'asti for dessert. Everything tasted "clean and nice" but with no wow factor. Service was efficient and without mistakes, but the personal touch was missing. All in all a nice experience but it did lack a bit to deserve a top mark this evening. But we will try it again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Trondheim, Norway
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I went by a suggestion of a friend and I was amazed by the quality of their food. The service was also excellent. Maybe the prices were a bit expensive for a student but it was totally worth it. So far, the best restaurant in Trondheim that I have been. I totally recommend this place.

• Visited December 2012
Trondheim, Norge
“Wonderful food, but the wines where no match”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was invited to a 3 course meny by my 6 weeks old daughter on my birthday, and we arrived there with here. We got a little table squeezed in a corner. In our case, that was okay, since a 6 weeks old toodler might need some food not available on the meny and you might not wanna do that in the middle of a restaurant, but a little discretely ;-)
We got a quick walk through the meny, and they took care off my seafood alergy.

Starter:
My wife got her scallopsoup and I got a fishsoup. According to the waiter, my soup should have been served with turbot, but it came with salmon. We where a bit surprised that we did not get a proper explanation about what we where eating.
Anyway, the soup tasted perfect, even though it was the wrong fish ;-)

With my starter, I had a glass of Burgundy wine (I think) which was very good by it self, and okay with my fishsoup.

Maincourse:
We could choose earlier if we wanted fish or meat as our main course, and we both decided to have fish. As we remembered from the intro it was Codfish, more information was not given to us. Not as we ordered nore when it was served.
The fish itself seemed a little dry, but together with all the garnish it was just beautiful. As far as we are sure the garnish was like this... green pea mash, some kind of carrot salsa, mashed potatoes and some root vegetables.

The red wine I got with my fish (Italian[?]) was a total crash, but again... by it self it was very nice.

The dessert was a classic pannacotta with (we must guess again) lemon sorbet. Very simple but nice.

The overall rating is:
Wonderful food, but have a bit more focus on the service. If you have a party in the second floor, get in some extra waiters, two is to little. The chefs had to answer the phone, and welcome guests, and that is wrong.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Trondheim, Norway
“Recommendable food - but long waiting between dishes for bigger parties!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were there with a party of about 12 people. The service was very thorough and presented the dishes and wine like an upper level restaurant would. The food ranged from good to excellent (meaning: a flavour experience!). The only thing was: they took a LONG time to prepare the food for all of us! We were simultaneously served, but a five course meal took five hours to serve! That is too long. Also, the prices are proud. Still, I will probably return some day (the well thought out flavour combinations of some dishes are worth it), but then with a considerably smaller party.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Stunning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We chose the five course menu with wine and both the food and wine were excellent. The chef even took the bother to explain everything in English to me despite most of the party being Norwegian. It provided a very enjoyable evening.

• Visited February 2013