“A Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 28 hotels in Trondheim
Windang, Australia
“A Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

The hotel had everything I needed for a good stay in Trondheim, the breakfast in the morning was great and the staff were friendly and helpful. It is close to supermarket, and all the attractions the city has to offer. Free wifi was also very much appreciated.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
towcht, Manager at BEST WESTERN Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Mr.Doyley74,

Thanks a lot for your kind review, it is very much appreciated.

We do believe our hotel has a good location and reasonable distance to all of the city´s main attractions.
It is also nice to hear that you liked the breakfast we serve at the hotel, and we are always open to suggestions and tips on how to make it even better!

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us again sometime.

Kind regards,
Morten

Hotel Manager

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The hotel was in a good location, right in town, with a grocery store nearby. Everything else is accessible. I was pleasantly surprised when I got a double bed, a big bathroom, and basically a big room when I ordered a single room. So this is a big plus for them! Thank you. The bed was comfortable as well.

The downside was that the supposed to be warm breakfast (eggs, small hotdogs, bacon, beans), turned out to be cold on my first and second day there. That was a bit of a disappointment. But on my last day, somebody remembered to put the plug in - and I got a warm breakfast. Even though the bathroom was big, the shower wasnt a real shower cabinet, and thus water would be everywhere in my bathroom after I took a shower. On the plus side, the bathroom floor had heater, so it would dry up the wet floor easily. Another downside is that i could hear the voices on the hallway, as well as the slamming of the doors. But luckily, it didnt last until midnight.

All in all, I was satisfied with my stay here (stayed November 2013). I would recommend this to anyone who want a reasonable stay in Trondheim.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mr/Mrs MICE2013,

Thank you for a well-informed and thorough review!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the room you got while staying at our hotel!
The breakfast being somewhat unsatisfactory your first couple of days is something
we apologize for, and we will use your review to prevent this from happening again, as the breakfast is something we will look to improve on in the future.

Not all the showers have real cabinets, as you mention, so sometimes water gets out on the bathroom floor. The heating is generally good, so the water will quickly dry up again.

We are aware that the hallways can carry some of the noise from nearby rooms, so we always try to encourage our staying guests to keep the level of noise down to a minimum during the evening and night. We are happy to hear that it did not cause you too many problems,

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel and Trondheim at another occasion!

Kind regards,
Morten
Hotel Manager
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The prices are reasonable and the staff is pleasant. My room was a bit hard to find. Had to go to third floor via second floor through what felt like a maze. The room was a bit small, but looked new and nice. Is also in the center of town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Tore W, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Deat guest

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

There are new signs coming that will make it easyer to find the rooms in our new department.

Hope to se you again soon

Best Regards
Slinger, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in October 2013. Overall, I had a very pleasant experience and think it is one the better values in Trondheim for the location.

Pros:
- Comfortable beds and slept very well all nights.
- Great location, especially if coming in from the train station - about 2 blocks away. City center is equally close and only a few blocks to the downtown core.
- Nice, hot breakfast. This is my first time to Norway in 15 years and don't have a lot to compare to here, but was very good in comparison to what is available in the US.
- Price was good for the location and amenities offered. There were a few others that were lower, but they were either dives or much further from the city center generally.
- Free bike rentals.

Cons:
- I had a little trouble with getting the shower hot enough in my room. At times it was OK, but other times it was cold and uncomfortable. The hot water in the sink was very hot, so I think this was an issue with shower controls in the room (601).
- As mentioned elsewhere, there is sporadic room service. Sometimes there would be fresh towels waiting and other times not. Beds not made or room cleaned during stay. Not a big deal though and perhaps this is customary here.

Room Tip: Try to get a room up high and away from the road if possible. Nice views of the water.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind and fair respons.

Regarding room service, Unless the towels are on the bathroom floor we dont change them cause of enviromental policy where the guests have the chance to use towels more than once.
If this wasnt the case I am really sorry that they didnt change them.
Regarding the beds not made and cleaning of rooms during your stay is something I will look in to. Because rooms should be checked and cleaned every day and I am really sorry this didnt happend during your stay and its not customery here

I am also happy to say that you where right about the shower control, and it has now been replaced with a new one.

I am glad you liked the view from our rooms, and its a nice room tip your giving.

Hope to se you again really soon and that it wont be 15 years to next time you visit Norway and Trondheim

Best Regards
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I made a pre-reservation for a single room for 6 nights.
But the room I had been given is a tiny room that looked like it had been retrofitted under a stairwell and is like BUDGET room (as I saw the pix from other reviewers). But Im paying for a single room. (I get to knw abt the TINY room when I pay the money< i was not expecting that )

A very UNFAIR story happened with me. I never expect that from such hotel. I complained it to the receptionist but he said hw would try tomorrow..Im very disappointed with their fair policy,

I suggest every one to see the rooom before making PAYMENT please

br
Ali
Finland

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Tore W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear guest,

I checked on your reservation and you did indeed reserve a budget room not a standard room, which is the reason why the price was also cheaper than a regular standard room.
Budget rooms are advertised as 12 square meters on the netside that you used to make a reservation and are a cheaper alternative for many guests who wish to pay a little bit less for a smaller room. I do not believe that there was any mistake made by the hotel and its staff regarding this. You got the room category that you had reserved and paid for.

However you were offered the possibility to upgrade your room the next day because the hotel did not have any more available rooms on your arrival day, which you did and you got a regular standard room.

In addition to this, the hotel staff did everything to make your stay comfortable, including warming up dinner for your colleague, a service that we reagularly do not offer.

You are very welcome to reserve a regular standard room next time instead of a budget room.
Oslo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The location is great, but the room was dirty. I found potato chips and empty bags under the bed, and the matress was stained.

The hotel is ok if you dont plan on spending much time in your room. Most of the things to do in Trondheim is within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear guest,

My apologies for the bags under your bed upon check-in. This is not the standard for our hotel and we are truly sorry about it.
We hope that you will give us another chance to make your stay satisfactory on your next visit to Trondheim.
Washington State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Within a block of a Flybussen stop. Easy walk to the city sites and close to buses 3 or 4 to the Ringve Museum (a must) and to bus 18 (don't use #8 after 17:00--can't get through the Park) for a dinner at the wonderful Vertshuset Tavern. Try to get a room on top floor, which is quiet with huge windows and wonderful views (especially room 702). Above average breakfast included. The manger, Tore, was great, but could not fix my computer problem where I could browse and receive Comcast emails, but they would not send. Would definitely stay there again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tore W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind review and for taking the time to give us some feedback!

We would very much like to have you as our guest again in your next trip to Trondheim!

Been to BEST WESTERN Chesterfield Hotel? Share your experiences!