“Excellent view and great food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kragero Resort

Save Saved
You added Kragero Resort to your Saves list
Kragero Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Stabbestadveien 1, 3788, Norway (Formerly Quality Hotel)   |
Telemark
“Excellent view and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Was here on a seminar/business meeting for one night and had a really good stay. Food and wine was really nice (we had a 5 course dinner and both the lunch and breakfast buffet was something extra) Service was good, great view, great conference facilities. Unfortunately didn't have time for a spa treatment. However, got to use the pools and the saunas for a little while, and the outdoor pool and jacuzzi has the best view over Kragerø...

Room Tip: Quite a big difference when it comes to view.. .Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Eliassen, General Manager at Kragero Resort, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear traveller!

Thank you for your response. I am very happy to se that our staff gave you a good stay.

We are now implementing Nordic food as a concept, and I hope that when you come back will see even more of our efforts to give you a good experience.

Mikael Eliassen

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Harstad, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Went during summer of 2012 to celebrate my mums birthday! This hotel has very nice and cool design. cool bar. nice rooms with ok beds. We had a package deal with food included. Was really nice. The swimming pool area with the saunas where good (the sauna with a view was way to cold for my taste, while the steam sauna was almost to hot..). The bar was nice with a lounge mood. Not a huge party crowd. Nice hotel for a spa trip or for families. We did not try out the golf. the fitness room was great with a huge selections. The hotel is on the other side of the fjord from Kragerø (with a super nice view of the city) and u need to either drive by car around or take a boat. this boat only goes over the fjord a few times during the weekends... This hotel is dog friendly! I will def. come back!

Room Tip: try to get a room with a view!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Reseption was friendly, but not informative. No info on dining, check out, SPA etc.
Room was great. We had an ocean view suite overlooking the archipelago, with separate bedroom, livingroom and a kitchen with fridge and basic utensils. No bathroom amenities other than two-in-one soap/shampoo. Not good enough for a room priced at 3000 NOK pr night.(400 EUR, 530 USD, 330 GBP)

Cleaning was good in the areas were it's most visible such as carpets and sinks, but when taking a closer look the doorknobs, lightswitches and shower walls were very dirty. Also the towles were verey thin and worn.

The girl working at the SPA reception was cold, unfriendly and looked bored out of her mind. Did not provide enough info so we were left to ourselfs trying to find out were things were and how it worked. The whole concept of SPA is relaxation and well-being, and when welcomed in this manner the experience starts off wrong.

The relax-area and the treatment-rooms were wonderfull, though the pool area was not. Dirty and way too crowded. Also children are allowed until 3 in the afternoon which I find very weird at a SPA hotel. They should really work out their profile. SPA and relaxation or a place for families. The combination does not work for anyone.

Food was ok. Breakfast buffet had a good selection, although some of the vegetables should not be served as they were of poor quality and half rotten. Staff were polite and smiling and very efficient with cleaning and filling up empty trays of food.

I'm willing to pay up for a weekend of relaxation and calm and thougt a SPA resort would be able to give me that, but due to a crowded, loud and dirty pool area with toys and children jumping from the jacuzzi, this was impossible. We will not return, which is sad as the resort itself, rooms and surroundings are great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Eliassen, General Manager at Kragero Resort, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that we did nor furfill your expectations.

Your review will be used in our staff training and consept development.

Mikael Eliassen
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I travelled here on business and was pleasantly surprised by what I have found.
The resort is on a hill across the Fjord from Kragero, which is lovely within itself.
I was greeted in a very courteous manner by very friendly staff with excellent English (far better than my excuse for Norwegian). Sadly me and my trusty hire car arrived in one piece but my luggage was still in Amsterdam.
The staff gave me a pair of Hotel swimming shorts, and some toiletries to tide me over until my bag arrived so I could still use the pool etc. Great service!
I was here at the tail end of the tourist season, so the hotel was very empty. So food was an issue but only a short drive away in Kragero.
I did eat in the restaurant and found the prices expensive even by Norwegian standards hence the 4/5
The room are small but good, the spa is very well equipped and the views over the fjord are breath taking when you have a clear sunset.
You can take a golf buggy down to the fjord and use the resorts pool and diving boards, the water is freezing for my old bones!

On the whole I loved the place, the centenary in this part of the world is amazing and thankfully troll free. I ran round the golf course in the mornings and breakfast was great.
I enjoyed the resort so much that I have booked to come back in the spring my other half as she'll love it!

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the Fjord, what a way to wake up!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Chester-le-Street, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We spent 3 nights here in a well equipped apartment & what a thrill it was. The hotel has everything! A great spa & gym, indoor & outdoor pools, plus a leisure facility with a fresh water pool by the Fjord that you go to by golf buggy. This area lets you dive into the Fjord if you are brave enough! The Hotel is fairly high up a hill & many rooms look out over fantastic views of the Fjord, its islands & the small communities dotted around them. Kragero town is very visible, & adds to the colour & beauty. Ferries run frequently to Kragero from near the hotel & a visit is a must. Shops & cafes abound there, with many areas to sit & soak up the atmosphere and views.
There is an 18 hole golf course at the hotel, & though we didn't play, we were shown around the course by an English member of the greenkeeping team. It looked in good condition with well prepared greens. Breakfast was a splendid buffet with something for everyone. We dined in once, & had a fabulous Sea food buffet. Lamb & pork were also available from a carvery. The desserts were mouthwatering. A lot of the hotel staff were Swedish, who are really pleasant & helpful. Please remember, this is Norway & nothing is cheap. Do your homework & plan carefully, it really is worth doing.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Kragero & the Fjord offer great views.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Oslo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

When we arrived it was a long que do to check in. When we first got to our room it was really nice but it smelled horrible. I told the staff and they said that they would check it out.
We went down to the spa, but we were really hungry so we asked if we could buy some lunch in the restaurants. "no" was the answear. There was no nearby market, so we had to drink to feel full.
The dinner was not until 20.00 and we arrived about 13:00. We all got a headache but we survived.
When it was dinner, it was no routin so we had to stand in a line for about 30 minutes. Same next morning, but the breakfast hal did not take all of the guest so we had to sit in a conference room. Not cosy...

The smell did not go away, and it smelled terrible all night long.... We got a 500-, nk. discount but the smell was not possible to measure in money!
I will not come back..

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

A weekend vacation with my old parents and a three day golf session. First we got a room which was a little inconvenient for my old folks - contacted the reception and they fixed it in no time - and what a great room. The place is expensive, but with a golfpackage with one of Norway best PGA teachers, it felt cheap. Golf lessons in three days and free play on a great forrest course. I checked the greenfee price for a round and it was the same as the full lessons and free play on the course.
The hotel it self was fantastic with a wonderful view. The food was great, the staff very serviceminded and really interested in giving you a great stay. My parents are very fuzzy, but this was top class. The spa was great as well - everything working and in order. My Mum had some great treatments there.
If you want to spoil yourself this is the place. Put some money into it and enjoy it - these guys know service and hotel buisness.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a seaview - it is worth the money for this spectacular view - big balcony with t...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Kragero Resort? Share your experiences!