“The drinks at T.G.I. Fridays is legendary!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #349 of 971 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Drammen, Norway
“The drinks at T.G.I. Fridays is legendary!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We go sometimes to T.G.I. Fridays in Karl Johan after work for a drink and a little bit to eat. I like the bar more than the restaurant (they are next to eachother), and you can eat at both places. Usually go there with the girls or on a date with my boyfriend. The food is just like every other T.G.I. Fridays, so if you like that food, it's good. As said, I recommend the bar more, because the atmosphere is more relaxing than the restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Should have known better...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Having had the misfortune of eating in TGI Friday's in a few other places, somehow we still made the mistake of trying this one. Mainly because we were looking for somehere for a quick lunch and it started to rain very heavily just as we were passing.

As per previous experiences of other branches, we were pretty much ignored when we entered. Why do they ask you to wait to be seated when it makes absolutely no difference to the service you receive?

We were eventually shown to a table in the window on the mezzanine level. This had a very nice view of Karl Johans gate so we took it although we were a little suprised as the ground floor of the restaurant was pretty much deserted except for a few people sitting around the bar. All soon became clear, as the staff seemed to be more interested in chatting the customers sitting around the bar than in anyone who actually wanted to eat. After being roundly ignored for 15 minutes by the waitress who showed us to our table I eventually got her attention and she returned begrudgingly upstairs with an expresssion that suggested she was seriously regretting seating us there.

We thought it was wise to order our food and drinks at the same time as we had no idea when we might actually see her again. I think there were only one or two other tables occupied in the restaurant but still it took over 30 minutes for our food to arrive.

The food was the usual pre-prepared and re-heated fare. Passable but nothing exciting.

After a futher delay the bill eventually arrived and we got the hell out of there - even the still pouring rain was preferable...

As I say, this is consistent with my experience of several other TGIF's in different countries. The formula only seems to work in the US where the staff are so reliant on tips that at least the service is quicker and more efficient.

Overall, I won't be visting a TGIF again, even if it is raining!

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Oslo, Norway
“Fantastic food, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Some friends of mine took me out to eat at TGIF for my stagnight. The food was absolutely fantastic(!) - seriously good burgers (and I'm not really a hmaburger-fan). However, the experience was let down a bit when my food was late. 30 minutes after the others had got their meals, I finally got my dish. I'm not really fussy, and of course this doesn't happen often, but I can't give them top marks with that in mind. I was given a milk shake as compensation, but even then I didn't get the shake I had ordered. Also it is pretty expensive.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Antigua
“Good food, slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

My family and I went here for lunch. We waited 20 minutes to be seated, 40 minutes to get our order which was 4 burgers with fries and 20 minutes to get the bill after requesting it. The food was delicious, the ambiance was nice, there was free wi-fi and the waitress was lovely but the service was too slow. Maybe they need more staff but this is definitely not the place to go if you are looking for a quick lunch.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Peoria, Arizona
“Good food - decent price for Norway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Ate twice at T.G.I Friday's on our recent trip to Norway. The food was good, especially the chicken quesadillas. Yummy! We looked at most of the menus at restaurants along the harbor and decided on Friday's because of the good selection and prices. Enjoyed the food, but the inside waitress was slow in coming back to our table. We sat there a good 45 minutes after eating and had to ask for the waitress to come back to give us our bill.

Visited August 2012