“So so” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Trondheim, Norway
“So so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Staff told us to try not to spill on the table, so they wouldn't have to clean it.. I hope this was meant as a joke! Food was good. We were a party of 9 and we were disappointed that they didn't serve everyone at the same time.

Visited December 2012

New York City, New York
“If you suddenly crave for the orient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

If you happen to desire food from the orient while in Oslo, this restaurant is a good bet. Dishes are prepared cantonese style and can request certain foods to be prepared that are not in the menu. We asked for a slab of salmon to be steamed with soy sauce, ginger and scallions paired with white rice and had the best norwegian salmon cantonese style we ever had. Staff are friendly and accommodating. Service is fast and efficient.

Visited April 2012
Cork, Ireland
“Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Only found this restaurant on the last night. It is located on the main street ( Karl Johanns Gate) so we presumed it was going to be expensive but turned out to be very resonable with fast service

Visited March 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
“Very poor!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

Watch out! Ordered dinner for two. The meals vere served with a remarkable difference in time. It is nice to eat together! The Soya sauce was diluted with water as well as the Tabasco sauce. Slow service.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kirkenes, Norway
“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

We chose Jambo on Karl Johan street because 'Dinner' (the best Chinese in Europe by all accounts) was fully booked, days in advance. My partner ordered Spring Rolls for a starter, he got 2 good sized ones which came out on a small plate accompanied by nothing, so it looked a tad vacant in presentation, but he asked for a chilli sauce to go with it & it seemed to make his eyes water enough to let me know it was completely satisfactory!

My starter was chicken & sweetcorn soup & it was not only tasty but stayed hot until the last spoonful, although I didn't get my last spoonful. I was still slurping my starter after my partner finished his & the waitress already cleared his plate & setting, which made me feel hurried. I find it rude in any restaurant for a place to be cleared before anyone else has finished. This might be a case of manners or custom, I'm not sure, but to me, it was manners.

Mains: Yummy. They bring hotplates out to keep the food warm. My partner ordered a spicy beef number with chilli & I ordered what I read to be chicken in black bean sauce (menus are in Norwegian & English). Turns out I got chicken in a black pepper sauce (possibly my mistake in ordering), but I won't complain because it was just too yummy to complain about! My partner couldn't tell the difference in his meal because of the chilli sauce he had with his starter, so apart from saying the beef was tender & juicy, he can't pass comment on how spicy it was!!! I could taste the black pepper in mine & the more I ate, the stronger it got, but the water I had between mouthfuls, kept the heat down, having said that, I'm sensitive to pepper & spice.

I'd say they could put more meats in these meals & less veg, we both had a massive amount of large cut green & red bell pepper in our food, so there's my only complaint.

All I would say is that if there is more than one of you eating here, make sure it looks like you're all still eating until you've all finished otherwise the places will be cleared promptly & whoever is left eating will have all eyes on them.

Dessert:, I had one but my other half didn't because he wanted a genuine Chinese pudding of some kind. They have ice cream or banana split on the menu in different variations & that's about it, but I chose the Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce. It was delicious. I expected a scoop of vanilla with some chocolate sauce on but I got a large glass of vanilla ice cream, a wonderful mouth watering scoop of chocolate ice cream and a heaven sent huge dollop of chocolate fudge sauce that melted down between the two... yum

I recommend this restaurant but I do recommend that you should all make your courses finish the same time as each other, otherwise they'll clear the places & you'll be left eating alone... aside from that, yummy!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere