“Usually one of Oslo's best” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Restauranteik

Restauranteik
Universitetsgata 11, Oslo 0164, Norway (Sentrum)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #275 of 971 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Norwegian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Sentrum
Oslo, Norway
“Usually one of Oslo's best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This has been one of my favorite restaurants in Oslo, providing excellent service and exquisite food. Our last visit was a bit disappointing on both sides, maybe because we were in a large group with a pre-ordered menu. By all means, they still serve a meal worthy of their upper price range, I just hope they are not losing their touch…

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Stavanger, Norway
“Decent, but disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Very centrally located in Oslo, and a nice, quiet restaurant. Good chairs and relaxed atmosphere.
After being seated water was poured immediately, and the were some olives on the table already. I wanted a dry riesling for aperitif. This I got, but it was of mediocre quality.
My waiter for the evening was very loudspoken, and did not give the impression of being too knowledgable of either the wine or food she served.
I got bread halfway through the first course from another waiter...
The food was nice (I opted for 4 courses with an accompanying wine selection) but I wasn't blown away except from the main meat dish of duck which was excellent. The rest of the courses were nice, but generally kind of bland and uninspired. Wines were mixed. One nice choice that matched the food well, the other ones ok. I was a bit disappointed to find the wines as pretty 'mainstream', well known and safe. Nothing new, unusual or unexpected, -just the average run of the mill. At this kind of establishment I expect more.
The pace of the meal was excellent. I was dining alone and a quick pace with short breaks between courses was most welcome.
All in all I was disappointed. I had a decent meal, but had expected more..
4 courses with 5 glasses of wine plus coffee amounted to just shy of 1000 nok. A pretty decent price for Norway for this kind of meal.

Oslo, Norway
“delicious food, great service - ok environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Have been there twice and would recommend it. Lovely food and great service. The interior is unfortunately a bit "cold" and not that welcoming.

Visited December 2012
Oslo, Norway
“Delicious lunch, strange behaviour of staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This Michelin recommended restaurant is a very nice one, and I believe the dinner is better than the lunch served for business clients attending conferences at the Savoy hotel in the same building. Consequently, my review is based on a "mass produced" lunch - not a gourmet dinner experience.

The food was rich on flavours, cooked very well and the presentation was totally ok. I ate here three days in a row, and my total rating of the food is very good. However, the staff acted strange. They screamed at each other and were loud during our meal. They were not paying attention when my collegue told about her allergies.

I would love to come for dinner. Maybe a dinner will qualify for four or even five stars, but for three lunches like this, three stars are enough.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Siena, Italy
“Great food and always a seat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Always enjoy Restaurant Eik when staying at the hotel (Savoy). Sometimes when you are hungry you just want to be served quickly and quietly. Eik does just this, and they have very good food, so you are much, much happier when you leave than when you arrived :-)

Visited September 2012