“Warm cozy atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish
Oslo, Norway
“Warm cozy atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Service was ok.I ordered 6 diffrent tapas,two of the dishes were not available,ordered another two.Pimientos de padron,chicken spear and chorizos were very good.I do not recommend the bacalao crocetta,not good.Chicken spear and the chorizo tapas was to small dish size.Beer was norwegian beer Aas from tap 0,5 liter good and cold.Atmosphere was good I felt like I was in spain and japan,cozy and positive enviroment.Toilet was big and had a shower never seen that before.Toilet paper was missing not ok.Best:taste of chicken spear tapas Worst:two of tapas where not available.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Spanish meats Cuban in Oslo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I finally got to try this place when my Spanish bf visited this summer. Located on one of the busiest cafe and bar strips of Oslo that actually also is the sunniest when the sun first is out, this place is worth a visit. Its authentically decorated with small tables and chairs outside and is made up of a tiny room indoor. Indoor it holds a small bar and even offers a little shop with a variety of specially imported sauce, coffee and tea products. Ah, and information on things going on in the city as well as clever quotes for inspiration. The service is great, chill and smiley waiters help you out as soon as you arrive.

Hotel Havana's menu is quite interesting. It's a Cuban inspired Spanish menu, out of which we chose the paella and the lubinas (lentil soup w/ some sausage).

Now, after living for years in Spain it's hard to not expect authentic Spanish tastes, thus may it be logical that my bf was more disappointed than myself over the food. I found the aioli and bread very tasteful by the way. ;) All in all, all food looked and felt fresh, and the paella in particular was quite big (which deserves a mention considering how expensive it is to eat out in Oslo).

We spotted dishes like albondigas and cheese platters on the tables around us and grinned thinking of their prices. But, as my Norwegian friends said: "this is Norway, and this place isn't that expensive".

True story. So we lowered the shoulders and ordered some more beers. As it was sunny (!) we sat here for hours watching people passing by.

• Visited August 2013