“Worst service in Oslo” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #139 of 969 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Stylish Burger Joint at the Vulkan area in Oslo. Laid back atmosphere, fantastic burgers and lively bar scene.
“Worst service in Oslo”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Food is good but the service, oh my god. The waiters/waitresses seems to be more eager to go our for a smoke than to do their job.

First we waited 20m to order, after we called for service!

The waitress does not write down the order, and of course messes up.

You don't get fries and the burger at the same time, I had to wait 5m for my fries.

Bill is of course wrong.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Funkcafe, Eier at Dognvill Bar & Burger, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Tommy,

It seems like everything went wrong during your visit and that I am truly sorry for.
Your experience is far from where we want to be. We will do everything we can so that things like this do not happend again.

Sincerly

Gjovik, Norway
“Great hamburgers, friendly staff and good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

After walking around in the rain, my girlfriend and I were looking for food and a beer. We realized we were not far away from Døgnvill, so we entered, were greeted by a nice waiter and ordered. I had dreamed about a cheddar cheese burger in the days before we ate at Døgnvill, so it was an easy decision to make. The buns and toppings were great, the french fries and aioli were amazing (seriously, one of the best ailoi I've tasted. Hats off to the chef), and the burger with its cheese was perfect. Not only was it juicy and tasty, but it also looked delicious. Very satisfied with what I ordered, and my girlfriend said pretty much the exact same thing. She had the burger with the manchego. Our waiter was informal yet professional, and I like that. Definitely not our last visit.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Funkcafe, Manager at Dognvill Bar & Burger, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Gardai123,
Thank you so much for the visit and for the review! The chef has worked on the aioli for a long time som he appreciated the nice feedback!
All the best

Oslo
“Good food, not so good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Been there a couple of times with friends, and both times the waiter take the orders without writing it down and we get food we haven´t ordered. First time I was there we all got different sides than what we had ordered and the people who had ordered without some garnish got their burgers with garnish... Last time I ordered well done burger with cheese, came out medium rare with cheese. Had to send it back, and took 15 minutes before I got the burger (but then without the cheese I ordered). By the time I got my burger, my friends had finished eating. That kind ruins the whole point of going out eating together....

The waiters was hard to get in contact with, but when they got to the table they were nice and friendly. Nice atmosphere and a lot of people. The food was very good, and Døgnvill serve some of the best burgers and fries in town!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Funkcafe, Manager at Dognvill Bar & Burger, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Hi gun0,

Thanks for taking the time to review us!
I am sorry to hear that the waiters did not write down your order. This shall not happen and we will make sure that all our staff use a notebook in the future

Oslo, Norway
“Try new burger tastes :)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

A little hard to get attention from waiters, once you get there attention service is good.I ordered fries and onion rings with aioli, they were good.For main dish I had the BCN burger that had manchego cheese, grilled chorizo sausage og herb mayo,it had good taste especially the chorizo.Large meny of bottle beers to choose from.I prefer 0,5 liter beers so I had a ringnes and a brooklyn lager tap beer they were fresh and cold :) Atmosphere was like being in an american diner and steakhouse,warm,cozy and friendly:) Best:american diner and steakhouse atmosphere Worst:Not many 0,5 liter beers to choose from.Make table reservations before visiting.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Funkcafe, Manager at Dognvill Bar & Burger, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Hi,
Thank you for visiting! We will get one more draft beer this winter so at least we can offer you an extra 0,5 liter beer when you return.

Oslo, Norway
“Going downhill?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We've had dinner twice at Døgnvill in the past month, and we're really not that impressed.
The one time we were there they were out of several of the beers offered, the second time the bun was Incredibly dry. A burger joint can't have dry buns!
Both times the sercvice was sooooo slow and some the waiters have an attitude problem. No smiles and an arrogant expression. Pay attention to your customers who is actually the ones getting you paid. An don't seat customers at the worst table when the restaurant is far from full.
And finally - learn to cook your burgers properly I wanted medium well and it was dry and hard, boyfriend wanted medium minus and it was gray with a touch of pink. Should't be too difficult when burgers is pretty much what the whole menu concists of.
Won't be going again for a while, which is sad since we've been going here regularly since the opening.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear Kaprifol,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and giving your feedback.
We are so sorry that you had such an experience at our place. We want to be a friendly burger joint with good service and great food so what you describe is far away from where we want to be.
We will adress the issues that you mentioned and hopefully something ike what you describe will never happend again.