“DO NOT visit this resturant at all cost” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #751 of 1,031 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Japanese
Reykjavik, Iceland
“DO NOT visit this resturant at all cost”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were on our way for holiday With Our two children and since we are sushi lovers, we decided to stop by and have sushi at this "restaurant". I must say that this is one of our most disappointing experience that we ever had in all restaurants we have been in. The food is not special, barely average. The service is not good. The prices are extremely high. Our conclusion is this Place is NOT worth it to visit and it should be avoided at all cost.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Chain experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had dinner here as Yo is a reliable chain here in the UK and I wanted to know what I would be getting. Was very small branch and I can well imagine it would be somewhat cramped at busier times. Experience service and food-wise was largely indifferent. The dishes on the conveyor were particularly dull and repetitive, and I felt that hot dishes I ordered weren't really at the same standard as I would expect at a Yo in the UK. Horrifically expensive (OK - it's Norway, but at those prices you shouldn't underwhelmed). Obviously has a captive audience given its location, but nothing to write home about.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
N'Djamena, Chad
“Sushi heaven in Oslo airport!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Delicious, fresh, with lots of dishes available and the train as well. Pricey, but in line with Oslo prices. Treat yourself to delicious sushi while waiting for your flight (next to Gate 39).

Visited June 2013
Oslo, Norway
“One of the few "Kaiten Sushi" options in Norway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Yo! Sushi is a good sushi alternative in Oslo but obviously you must leave the country to try it as this particular branch is located at Oslo Airport (OSL). It is one of very few 'kaiten' (i.e. conveyor belt sushi) alternatives in Norway. Kaiten is a concept where you pick whatever you fancy from a conveyor belt and the plates and priced based on their color and at the end of the meal the plates are counted before you pay. Gari (the traditional sushi ginger) and Wasabi is included and within reach wherever you sit. You do have to pay for water though, which is disappointing.

Personally I love this way of having sushi, however, I would have appreciated if self-service green tea had been included at Yo! Sushi, which is the custom way of having traditional kaiten sushi many places in Tokyo. The food is relatively pricey - even for Oslo - where you easily get sushi meals at decent prices these days. Still, the food I tried on this occasion was very good.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin
“Dirty tables.....Poor attitude of staff and no chicken(!)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I would not normally eat at this type of restaurant but the fare at Oslo airport is not very good so I gave it a try. As I approached all of the single bar stool type seats were either occupied or had dirty dishes in place. I took a seat at a booth as a waitress was clearing that away. When I called for the waitress she insisted I move to a single seat. When I explained to her that there were no clear seats she said they were being cleared.Having placed my order I moved to the single seats and stood like a lemon on front of six dirty seats. As there was no action on the seats I returned to the booth. The waitress came back out and questioned why I was back in the seat again. I made it clear that I would be staying in the seat to finish my meal. She was not at all happy or friendly. She then told me that they had no chicken for the miso dish I had ordered. How any restaurant can run out of such a core ingredient is beyond me. I decided to take my business elsewhere as this level of service is appalling for such an expensive location.

I will be letting any of my fellow travellers know to avoid this place.

• Visited February 2013