“Cafe Fedora - a home away from home...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Diner, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Oslo, Norway
“Cafe Fedora - a home away from home...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Being an American living in Norway, there are a lot of things that I miss - most importantly my family and my friends. But I've also realized how much I miss American food...but there is a perfect solution to my problem, and that's Cafe Fedora in Oslo! Fedora is the only restaurant in Oslo that serves authentic American food. The food is absolutely amazing, like one of my fellow Americans said on Facebook; "I need to quit my job and get a job closer to Fedora so I can have lunch there every day!”

The cafe is open Tue-Fri from 11:00 am - 7:00 pm and Sat-Sun from 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm. On Saturdays and Sundays they serve brunch, and the menu (including vegetarian options) is to die for...pancakes, Texas chili with sweet cornbread, wraps, salads, mac and cheese, hash browns...and so much more! Not to mention the sweets; cookies, cupcakes (including red velvet!), cheesecake brownies and pies. You can also get coffee, tea, milkshakes and root beer floats! They recently started serving dinner every Thursday and Friday from 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm, and just thinking about some of the dishes on the menu makes me hungry; chicken & sausage gumbo, hush puppies, shrimp etouffee, oven baked sweet potato fries...

But the reason I love Cafe Fedora so much is not only the food, but also the people working there, and the hospitality. Anthony, Nicole, Chelsea and everybody else are so amazing. They will greet you at the door, smile, give you a hug and sit down to talk to you - hospitality like that is very rare in Oslo. If I'm having a bad day or I really miss my family, being at Cafe Fedora for a couple of hours always makes me feel better, I never want to leave!

So if you’re really craving dishes that you love and you thought that you couldn’t get in Norway or if you’ve never tried real American food, go to Cafe Fedora! I promise you that you will never want to leave either!

• Visited February 2013

Oslo, Norway
“Doesn't Get Better Than This!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My favorite cafe in Oslo, hands down. And while it has the comforts of my homeland (USA), the reason I love it so much has nothing to do with the USA. Sure, the food is authentic and I can get my chili, cornbread, or mac n cheese fix whenever I want, but I go here first and foremost for the impeccable service.

It is extremely difficult to find such quality service in Oslo. When you walk into a place you don't expect to be greeted with a hello, let alone your NAME. Yes, when I walk into Cafe Fedora, I am greeted by name and with many smiles.

The atmosphere is very inviting and colorful. The people that go to this place are equally as inviting. I have had several people talk to me while in there...something that is again, rare to find in Oslo.

I always try a different tea when I am there and each has been very delicious. Every item I've ordered off of the menu has been especially fulfilling and left me raving about it for days. The only reason I can't get in there daily is because my measly salary in expensive Oslo doesn't allow it. But this place is affordable compared to other cafes.

Definitely a must if you're in Oslo! :)

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great place with tasty American food in Oslo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Café Fedora is one of the most welcoming place in Oslo. The homemade American food and drinks taste really good. As the place is not too big (about 15 seats inside) and wifi is free, I spent hours working or reading there. A terrasse is also available to sit outside on Summer days.

If you are American and feeling homesick this is the place you want to go. If you are not American but still miss a warm welcome go there too! :)

Lastly if you're not convinced check their Facebook page!

Houston
“Great food. Great People. Amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Cafe Fedora is the only true authentic American restaurant I've encountered in Norway. The food is always fresh and delicious. Their pecan pie is one of the best I've ever had, as is their mac and cheese - even counting the US. I can't express my excitement when I found this cozy restaurant on a random Saturday. As a southerner, good soul food is something I certainly crave in Norway, and this place really captures the essence of Southern and Tex-Mex cuisine. The owners are also delightful people who compliment the ambience of the restaurant wonderfully. I can't praise this place enough!

• Visited February 2012
State College, Pennsylvania
“Great brunch/lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Perfect spot for us to visit on our first weekend in Oslo. The owners, Nicole and Anthony, provided great service and a warm welcome. We'll be back on a Friday! I had the breakfast burrito and the husband had the omelet. The cappuccino and mocha were also tasty.

• Visited January 2012