“Great new rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Thon Hotel Linne

You added Thon Hotel Linne to your Saves list
Thon Hotel Linne
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Statsrad Mathiesens vei 12, Oslo 0598, Norway (Formerly Linne Hotel)   |
Ranked #46 of 85 Hotels in Oslo
Oslo, Norway
“Great new rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

After reading several reviews about this hotel I was worried when work sent me here. But I was proven wrong. They have recently opened 3 brand spanking new floors with rooms. I got 913 which on good days has an ocean view:D

Amazing bed, modern and welcoming room. Excelent breakfast.

Staff at the front desk was service minded and did an excelent job helping me with restaurants in the city and things to do. Oslo is a beautifull city for a Queenslander and Thon Hotel Linne is perfectly situated for one that enjoys the outdoors and the city. Only a 10 min metro ride to the city centre,

Room Tip: Ask for a new room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed here because couldn’t get last minute accommodations elsewhere and needed to be here for a conference. Would rather have paid to sleep in another city and drive in. Room was beyond filthy, things growing in the bathroom, staff were never around to assist with anything, hotel is very dark and food gave me an upset stomach. Sleep in your car if you need to instead of sleeping here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I had a last-minute business trip to Oslo and due to some conventions in town I had difficulties finding any accommodations in Oslo until I was able to secure a reservation at this hotel.
I arrived very late in Oslo after a delay with my flight from Amsterdam and took the bus to Oslo as it stopped close to the hotel. After feeling a bit nervous going through this dreary part of the city I made it to the hotel, only to find the lobby full of disgruntled people and a very sour front desk (night) clerk. What I gathered was that these people were being told that there were no rooms for them. When I was finally helped, I greeted the clerk and showed her my reservation confirmation. She took the paper checked her system and then looked up and me and said "sorry, we have no room or mention of you." I told her that I had prepaid my stay and she said it was not her problem and that there were no other hotels in the area! I persisted with her and she then found a room for me in Lillestrom, about 25 mins away. I kept asking what was wrong, but I kept getting a response of "I am only the night clerk."
The following day I contacted the hotel manager. I asked her what had happened and how the hotel could have given my room away to someone else and she just said that the reservations crew had neglected to close the reservations system when the hotel was in fact full. Furthermore I got a simple "we're sorry for this" and that was it. Very, very frustrating. But what was most distrubing was that even after the hotel admitted to their fault and found me another hotel, they did not offer to cover my additional taxi costs, which is already very expensive in Norway.
In the end I didn't stay at this property, but I think that it was an omen in the end. What I saw looked ever so bleak and the personnel looked rather disgruntled. And the area was not very nice either.
Will I return? No way!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Wroclaw, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2008

I was stying in this hotel on business trip fortunately just 2 nights. In my opinion this place is awful, from the new pictures I can see it was renovated, but when I was there in 2006 it was not so...
The rooms are dark and claustrophobic, area depressive (especially if you are there in the middle of winter), breakfast so far I remember nothng special. So if you can avoid this place and even if you want to be close to business area, i.e. Siemens, stay in the city - Majorstuen and take the metro to Linden.

• Liked — Probably nothing
  • Disliked — Rooms, breakfast, location, atmosphere
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2006

How on earth can they really say it's 4 star?

1) Food was awful and overpriced
2) Nothing in the minibar (I flew in late and fancies a drink)
3) No iron (I was there on business and had to wear the last days shirt)
4) My room was in a block of flats over the road from the reception. You had to wave your perforated key card at the security camera for them to buzz you in

Basically - awful. I would safely say this is a one star hoStel - not a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed September 2006
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Thon Hotel Linne? Share your experiences!