We spent three nights in the Gabelshus Hotel in Oslo which was recommended to us by Oslo friends of a friend. It is located in a lovely neighborhood with rather easy connections to the local transportation system, either tram or bus lines. While the bathroom was quite small, the room was comfortable, and considering Oslo prices quite nice for the money. The staff was uniformly helpful in helping us find our way around town and recommending interesting places to see and how to get to them. The included breakfast and evening meals were very good thanks to a wide selection. Being of Scandinavian heritage I enjoyed the three types of pickled herring at breakfast, but for those less inclined to such a treat, there were many other options to satisfy any appetite. We would stay there on any future trips to Oslo. Most of the guests appeared to be Norwegian which we appreciated as it emphasized the fact we were in Norway not in a cookie cutter hotel that could have been anywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stay at Hotel Gabelshus offers a deep dive into the culture and history of Oslo. The interior is composed of historical details and fantastic paintings. Being in the heart of an elegant residential area and in walking distance from Vigelandsparken, Aker Brygge and the Royal castle you are guaranteed an exciting stay in Oslo.The hotel offers tasty meals in a charming atmosphere with access to our popular terrace for outside dining. Enjoy your breakfast or complimentary evening meal surrounded by murals reflecting the history of the area. The special atmosphere of the dining room and lounges around has been a background of various fashion shoots.Hotel Gabelshus offers a range of salons with a relaxing atmosphere- the hotel library has a dignified style where you can relax with a book, watch TV or enjoy a glass of wine. The so- called fireplace room is furnished with antique furniture and calming colors offering relaxation in comfortable armchairs in front of the open fireplace.Hotel Gabelshus has a long and exciting history. The mansion was erected in 1912 and was originally a lodging house. The three first managers and owners were women, one more special than the other. Miss Sommerfeldt who ran it from 1933-45 lived herself in the building with her two parrots that had free access to anywhere in the building. She ran the place in a caring and authoritative manner at daytime and used to relax with her guests smoking a pipe in the evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Nordic Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Clarion Collection Gabelshus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Collection Gabelshus Hotel Oslo
- Clarion Collection Oslo
- Clarion Collection Hotel Gabelshus
- Clarion Oslo