We (family of 4) stayed here on the 4th floor in 2 separate rooms. The hotel was beautiful! Our room was small but that is how they are in Europe/Scandinavia. The air conditioner did not seem to be working but I opened the window and the weather was a perfect 56! The bed was comfortable, the staff was friendly, and most importantly, the hotel was quiet. We even didn't arrive until after midnight and the front desk man was extremely helpful. There is a metro stop about 2 blocks away. There is a convenient store right by the metro stop and you can by a day pass. This allows use on all transport (bus, metro, ferry). The room included breakfast as well as an evening meal. Although I was not blown away by the food the quality was good. Upon returning to Oslo before leaving the country we stayed at a sister hotel called Hotel Savoy. It was wonderful as well but I much preferred Hotel Gabelshus mainly due to the quietness of the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stay at Hotel Gabelshus offers a deep dive into the culture and history of Oslo. The interior is composed of historical details and fantastic paintings. Being in the heart of an elegant residential area and in walking distance from Vigelandsparken, Aker Brygge and the Royal castle you are guaranteed an exciting stay in Oslo.The hotel offers tasty meals in a charming atmosphere with access to our popular terrace for outside dining. Enjoy your breakfast or complimentary evening meal surrounded by murals reflecting the history of the area. The special atmosphere of the dining room and lounges around has been a background of various fashion shoots.Hotel Gabelshus offers a range of salons with a relaxing atmosphere- the hotel library has a dignified style where you can relax with a book, watch TV or enjoy a glass of wine. The so- called fireplace room is furnished with antique furniture and calming colors offering relaxation in comfortable armchairs in front of the open fireplace.Hotel Gabelshus has a long and exciting history. The mansion was erected in 1912 and was originally a lodging house. The three first managers and owners were women, one more special than the other. Miss Sommerfeldt who ran it from 1933-45 lived herself in the building with her two parrots that had free access to anywhere in the building. She ran the place in a caring and authoritative manner at daytime and used to relax with her guests smoking a pipe in the evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Nordic Choice Hotels, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Clarion Collection Gabelshus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Collection Gabelshus Hotel Oslo
- Clarion Collection Oslo
- Clarion Collection Hotel Gabelshus
- Clarion Oslo