“Very good modern Japanese” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
London
“Very good modern Japanese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Slightly overwhelming menu - lots of small dishes, with no obvious set menu so we let the waitress choose. This worked well particularly as she asked what we liked. It was gorgeous. I would recommend the scallops as a starter, the sashimi and the foie gras sushi which worked better than I thought. No idea how much it cost though!

Oslo, Norway
“Good, but maybe not fantastic?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Ok. I have to add a question mark. This restaurant has been praised for its excellence, and I went there with high expectations. Maybe too high? If you expect everythin gto be absolutely perfect, you are easier disappointed.
Well. I was not disappointed. We let the chef decide the menu and some of the food we got was fabulous. But not all of it. The waiter was nice and friendly and (of course Swedish) but he forgot a few orders - something you don't expect at a place like this. especially not with those prices.
All in all, I have mixed feelings. Frankly, I think you can eat just as well and cheaper other places in Oslo. Maybe not Japanese, though. So, I would like to give it another try.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oslo, Norway
“Very bad service. Ok food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Meet some old colleugues hoping to eat good Japanes food. Food was ok but the service was not good and when we asked to pay we got a incorrect bill. when we told the staff they got very annoyed. They overcharged us NOK 500 and then got pissed that we noticed... I think you can find many other places to eat in Oslo with both better food, service and you won't get overcharged.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Worst restaurant I have even been to in the world!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

If u want to enjoy a good night in Oslo with friend or someone u love,never go there.
They want u finish your food in 2 hours,but they don't care how long u have wait for the food. We wait one hour to get the main food, and the staff is so rude, when we tried to explain we need a little bit longer time to finished the dessert since they come so late, he just said he thought we won't come back again so we should just pay the bill and leave,the reason he said that just because we have said their miso soup was a little bit salty. I never know it is not allow to say the true personal feeling for the food. So when we asked him did that mean he didn't care about us as customer, he said" Look at our restaurant, do u think I will care about your guys." I hard to believe he said that, it never has happened in any restaurant I have been to before.
This is a horrible restaurant although the restaurant itself looks fancy, but with this kind of staff I will never come again, on this part, that guy was damn right!!!
So if u want to have a romantic or relax meal,never go there, because they don't cheat u as a customer, they cheat u like a beggar, kind like they let u eat there already is a big favor!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Malmo, Sweden
“Great japanese food, pricey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I really like japanese food and Hanami is one of the best modern japanese restaurants that I have visited in the Nordics, located in a modern part of central Oslo.

• Visited February 2013