“Bad end of town.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Akers Have Apartments

Akers Have Apartments
You added Akers Have Apartments to your Saves list
Akers Have Apartments
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Heimdalsgt 1A and 1B | Lakkegata 52, Oslo 0560, Norway (Gamle Oslo)   |
Ranked #14 of 33 Specialty Lodging in Oslo
Darwin, Australia
“Bad end of town.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014 via mobile

We eventually found the apartment, which wasn't the address supplied when we booked, but that was a good thing. The apartment was nice enough. There were a few broken things and a few marks which were clearly just where things hadn't been cleaned properly. The wifi was strong. The apartment was stuffy because after opening the balcony door on day one then taking fifteen minutes to fight with it because it turns out it was busted - we didn't want to open it again.

There are no supplies - aside two dishwasher tablets.

Nice enough apartment, but we won't stay in this end of town again.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Staying in the Aker Have Apartments - one a suite the other a double room - don't know what the difference is other than price and red carpet at the door to the suite!!
Apartments are clean and well looked after. WiFi is good and all the amenities that are provided are all in good condition.
Area is being rehabilitated, but some of the characters in the area appear a little dodge - so guess this isn't the most economically active area of town. However, easy walking distance to the town centre and some of the better attractions - Royal Palace and Karl Johans Gate.
Walked back from Mr Hong's Restaurant last night and was followed for a while by some rather dodgy characters, he slowed down when they spotted a police vehicle - plenty of folk on the streets, so no real danger. Must just be alert, as per all major cities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

Having researched hotels and hostels for our 5 day stay in Oslo, I fortunately came across Akers Have on Trip Advisor. The prices in Oslo are so astronomical that even a seedy down town hostel was charging the same price as these apartments.
We had the studio apartment which is small but perfectly functional and all you would need for a few days stay. Very comfortable bed and the means to self-cater, which saves a fortune!
It has a supermarket and several ethnic shops around the corner , plus bus and tram stops. It is an easy 15 minute walk to the main station and central Oslo.
We arrived about 0100 hrs, but had no problem getting access to the key as Sofie, who arranged that, was aware that our flight from Manchester was delayed and arranged for us to pick it up. When we contacted her the following day about a couple of things we needed, she couldn't have been more helpful and went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed.
Overall, I would highly recommend these apartments. I would also suggest that if you want to visit museums and travel around on public transport, including ferries, that you buy an Oslo Pass. It's really good value for money.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bergamo, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012 via mobile

I've been there for three nights, I liked it because I found a good deal on internet. The building itself is undergoing manteinance and it looks quite ugly. The room, in my case a small studio, was good, nothing exceptional though. It's very basic: kitchen, bed and a small table with only one chair (!!); sat tv and free wifi; bathroom spacious with a washing machine. Staff was really nice and helpful.

• Stayed January 2012
Oslo, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Forget about someone is cleaning your room every week,this is false.
Even is included (weekly cleaning) no one came to do it and even repeated request..
The studio is a lottery , can be in wherever floor

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011 via mobile

The entrance is quite shabby - its also the entrance is also for some regular non serviced apartments. The reception looks very makeshift, and there was landscaping and other works going on which made it a very awkward start. But the room itself is very good, new, and location was convenient. Lots of features, including free wifi

• Stayed August 2011
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

Fancied a mini-break in Oslo with myself and my three babies (twins aged 2 and an 8 year old) and was discouraged by the sky high accommodation prices in Oslo.

Akers Have to the rescue! Emailed reception asking if they could accommodate us, and they agreed, providing an extra sheet/blanket so that my kids could use the comfy double bed and I could sleep on the very comfy sofa.

THUS the Akers Have by my reckoning turns out to be cheaper than four *hostel* beds (and I'm not even sure hostels could have accommodated us!). For that you get a clean apartment with modern appliances (refrigerator, washer, dishwasher, oven+hob) plus a flat screen tellie. My apartment had two balconies, which my twins (despite my best efforts) delighted in chucking their toys off of.

There is free wireless internet. I found the signal weak in my room, but I may have been doing something wrong. But it worked.

So I was very pleased! The check-in went smoothly and was friendly, although I'd advise anyone staying to notify the staff of your expected arrival time in advance so that someone is there (the reception is not 24 hours). The location is good, just around the corner from a bus/tram stop and a park along a stream. It's about 15 minutes walk to the rail station. There is a Rimi supermarket about 30 seconds walk from the apartment complex exit.

Akers Have as my choice of accommodation really enhanced my stay in Oslo. I would highly recommend Akers Have and should I return to Oslo, this is definitely where I will stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Akers Have Apartments? Share your experiences!