“Impeccabile! :)” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 960 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Ruffino is an authentic Italian restaurant that smells, tastes and feels Italian. The menu includes a large selection of antipasti, home-made pasta dishes, seafood and meat dishes, as well as dessert favourites like fondente, tiramisu and gelato. All dishes on Ruffino's menu are available as children's portions for half price. The restaurant is located in Henrik Ibsens gate, close to the Royal Palace and Karl Johans gate.
“Impeccabile! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Granted that I'm always a tad skeptical when it comes to Italian restaurants abroad (I'm Italian and quite picky about my "native" food), Ruffino far exceeded my expectations. Outstanding service, super-friendly personnel, and awesome "homely" food. Highly recommended! :)

Oslo, Norway
“Good service and athmosphere, food is ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Pasta dish was only like a starter size and the very basic quality wine of the house only filled 30% of the glass.
Pasta was good to be in Norway, average compared to restaurants in Italy

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
BRAZIL
“Italian food for sure!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Oslo is a very interesting city concerning restaurants. You can find all types of cuisine, and normally good. The Ruffino Ristorante is one of the very good one. No chemistry, no complexity, just the real and tasteful food from Italy. Relax and enjoy an excelent pasta and a goo wine, but without paying too much. I recommend.Salute.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
“Great Italian food, wonderful atmosphere and quality service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have a thing for authenticity, quality in food, the right atmosphere and I'm a sucker for really good service. It can be really hard to find all these things in one place, specially when you want to have it all for a reasonable price. I had to find such a place for a group of 40 people in Oslo. I did some research and ended up checking 3 places, went there and talked to those in charge and got a feel of the atmosphere. I am so happy that I followed my instinct to choose Ruffino for this occasion because they delivered it all! We left with a "wow" feeling and the whole group experienced a great evening. Thank you!

Oslo, Norway
“Outstanding service and great food for special event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have been to Ruffino several times before. I've always been pleased with the service; the personal way that the staff goes out of its way to create an enjoyable experience. We usually find mediocre service in restaurants in Scandinavia. Ruffino strives to deliver what you would expect in Italy. However, sometimes the food can be a bit ordinary or too heavy and rich, which isn't like nice places in Italy.

For this recent dinner, we hosted four families to celebrate a special event. Ruffino set a lovely table in a private space for us. The staff provided extraordinary service throughout the dinner. Timing, accuracy, pace, attention to detail and observing us without being intrusive--all hallmarks of fine restaurant service. Not only that, but our meals were particularly good. Serving 14 people at once is daunting for good restaurants, but Ruffino handled us well. I was most impressed with the food. It and the service were the best we had ever experienced there.

Thank you to the staff and management at Ruffino for making our family event a memorable experience!

• Visited May 2013