“Fresh modern and central” 4 of 5 stars

Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeateret
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Storgata 21-23, Oslo 184, Norway   |
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Oslo
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Fresh modern and central”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The hotel has clearly had a recent overhaul, and appears very modern and stylish. The rooms are about the average size in this part of the world, and are comfortable and fresh. The breakfast offers an excellent choice and is served in equally stylish surroundings.
The hotel is located very close to the central station, with frequent and fast access to the airport. The area is a bit dodgy with a surprising amount of gypsies on the street. Please consider this especially if you are a woman and travelling alone - you might not feel safe, and would be better off booking elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lars Erik S, Front Office Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeateret, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear GeorgeDenmark,

Thank you for taking your time to review us here on Tripadvisor. It realy means alot to us.

I am happy to hear that you enjopyed our brekafast (it is the most important meal of the day) And that the design of our hotel.

At the moment there are a lot of beggers in Oslo but there is no need to be worried about anybodys safety. I you or anybody have any concerns about this. Please let us know.

Thank you again for your feedback and sharing your concerns with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I worked with Lars on setting up reservations for our work group. He was very helpful in setting everything up and in making changes to our reservations list. The hotel is very nice inside and the hotel staff is all very friendly and were helpful with any questions that we had about the area. We recently visited during National Day and it was nice to experience this very festive time in Norway.

The hotel offered an abundance of food including a great breakfast, afternoon pastries and an evening meal on the 7th floor. I personally enjoyed my room. I had a room with a balcony overlooking the street. The hotel is very close to the Central Train Station, which was very convenient for us in the mornings to get to work.

Everyone from the front desk staff to those preparing breakfast and working in the lounge and the maids cleaning the room were very nice. A couple of our group members are already planning to stay here again for a smaller meeting later this Summer. (Unfortunately I won't be going on that one). I highly recommend this hotel for your next business or personal stay in Oslo. I only wish I could remember everyone's name to thank them personally.

Room Tip: I liked my room on the 7th floor. I had no complaints at all about my room, but some people said th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Everything is great about this hotel, with the possible exception of the breakfast which is a bit too focused on healthy alternatives. The area is a bit dodgy after hours, but that is more than balanced by the fact that is situated very close to all public transportation close to the CBD. The decor is trendy but dark and with a touch too much glamour for my taste, but still one of the better interior designs of Oslo hotels.

Espen,
From Bergen

Room Tip: The hotel have a few large double rooms with full bath, and I recommend those.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lars Erik S, Front Office Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeateret, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Espen_Viddal,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review, it is so important for us to get feedback from our so it really means a lot.

We are happy that you enjoy our hotel and I hope to see you again. Some good tips and pointers I hope future guests will use.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was a nice hotel. Stayed there 2 days in May. Excellent location, very comfortable, spacious rooms. Best of all was the breakfast. So many choices of delicious food. Very friendly breakfast staff, and so many options of warm and cold snacks. One of the best breakfasts I have ever had at an hotel. Pity other hotels don't have the same quality. I would gladly stay again just for the breakfast alone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear, Gareth B

Thank you for taking your time to write this review, it means the world to us that our guests take time out of their day to give us some feedback. So again, thank you!

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the breakfast was so to your liking. It is the most important meal of the day. And is it not what many look the most forward to when staying at a hotel? We believe so.

Hope to see you again.
Aarhus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeatret for one night on a business trip. Arrived fairly late at around 9 pm and was greeted by a really friendly staff.

Check-in was quick and easy - and I was encouraged to try their complimentary dinner buffet - something I really appreciate.

The room and bathroom was in a modern style. Everything was clean and the bed was fine..

However - the room was so small - that there was not even space for a desk and an extra chair. Thus finishing the days work had to be done from the bed. Also the light in the room was very dim - and there was no way of cranking up the lux.

The dinner buffet was almost empty (I believe due to my late arrival) - and the food quality was not really that good. Factory made fish sticks and a dull salad.

Breakfast was on the other hand excellent - with a wide assortment of nice hot and cold dishes.

This IS a nice hotel. But why it ended up being the best of all hotels in Oslo at the time of writing this review - I do not understand...

Room Tip: I do not know if they have any larger rooms - but if you need to work while staying at this hotel, a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear ThomasMS,

Thank you for taking the time in leaving us a review of your recent stay, we do appreciate it.

I am happy that you enjoyed the service of our light evening meal. This is something that not everybody know before they have stayed at one of our Clarion Collection hotels. Everyday from 6pm-9pm we offer all our guests a light evening meal. However I am sorry you´re experience was not as you would expect. Your feedback on this is excellent, this is how we get better at what we do.

You have booked one of our single rooms, and this room type does not come with a desk to work at. We recommend all our guest that need some more space to book either a standard double room or perhaps a superior or deluxe room. The price is not to high, a superior room is 200NOK extra per night. We even have suites over two floor for those who need the extra space.

I hope you will come back to visit us on a another occasion so we can really show you what we stand for. Let me know next time and I will allocate a nice larger room for you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms, polite staff, and serves a brilliant breakfast and an evening meal. Located 5 minutes walk from Oslo Centralstation. You have easy acsess to public transportation, and popular places for wine and dine. The hotel is sorrounded by nice restaurants, close to the main street in Oslo - Karl Johan. Shopping opportunitys, cinemas and bars/lounges. The hotel has a quiet and relaxed atmosphere, and suits all kind of people.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kvarsnes,

Thank you for giving us you feedback. We appreciate all the feedback we can get from our guests. I hope your review will be to help for future guests.

Thank you again. I hope you will come back on your next trip to Oslo.

Welcome back.
Trondheim, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

A great hotel located near the city centre. The room we were in was quiet, located on the third floor. Clean, standard hotel room sized. No noise from the streets or any other rooms. The service was great, we felt very welcome. Good breakfast buffet with a wide selection, and the hotel also offers a complimentary supper from 1800-2100. A great extra service!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kjersti W,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to review us here on Tripadvisor.

And thank you for giving us such positive feedback! I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope we´ll be seeing you again.

Been to Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeateret? Share your experiences!