“Gorgeous space, excellent food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Norwegian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Gorgeous space, excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I celebrated my birthday at Madu - we wanted a special "destination" restaurant and we weren't disappointed. Turns out we were the only diners the whole night so we got all the attention of the waitress, who had her own iPod playing all night (great music - thanks!) We started with char-cooked bread on a stick, served in a glass vase, with divine Norwegian butter and a glass of champagne. Dinner was five courses and my husband can confirm that the lamb is incredible. The chef had never prepared five courses vegetarian (I had requested this months before when I booked) so, although white asparagus featured heavily, my four savoury courses were all delicious. It's a pretty expensive place to eat so the vegetarian set deal is poor value (but my husband assures me his was great value). Dessert showcased strawberries three ways and a wonderful pear and dry ice feature which was a lot of fun. We had a nice bottle of Spanish red and, because we were the only ones there and it was my birthday, we got to finish the bottle of champagne she had opened for our first glass! The chef came out and talked to us about the meal, which was a nice personal touch. Madu seems to be a bit of a well-kept secret but we're sure word will get out about this great Oslo restaurant.

• Visited May 2013

88% Recommend
Karlstad
“Extraordinary raw food experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Really glad I found this place. I thought raw food was just a vague concept for health freaks. But at Madu I found out that it is a real fine dining experience. Perfect place for curious food lovers like me always eager to try something new. Already looking forward to my next Oslo trip - then I will try the tempting burger at the roof top terrace.

• Visited April 2013
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I went here with expectations of the food would be good, but I was actually wrong. It was absolutely amazing, overall impression was very good. Everything from the waiter to the chefs came out and presented the food. I strongly strongly rec Madu. Take five course menu, you will not be disappointed

Oslo, Oslo, Norway
“World class in Oslo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I got served tenderloin of wild lamb with jerusalem artichoke and
beets, and it was just terrific, excellent and exstordinary delicious. I have visited Many famous restaurants in Oslo and across Europe, but I must say that the taste of Madu wild lamb was a memorable and unique taste experience. I would like to recommend Madu to all who have an eye for good taste sensations. Madu and its design is in harmony with the exclusive and tasty food, world class design, world class food.
Absolutely fantastic.

• Visited January 2013
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Great Place, I had the seven course dinner together with some friends and that was a great experience. The dishes was served on sticks, in spoons, with smoke and other cool ways, and the taste was great all the way through. Especially the 24 hour baked pork was super tasteful. it seems as if there are some inspired and playful chefs at the kitchen. I asked for at beer menu, I do not think the waitress was prepared for that, but it was fixed i minutes, and the beer was great.

• Visited December 2012