“Good Hotel, poor location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 15% OFF Room rate
Ranked #52 of 86 Hotels in Oslo
Brussels, Belgium
“Good Hotel, poor location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Not a bad one to stay but far from the city and the Metro station. Good connection to the airport, though, via Bus. The gym is also pretty small (cardio only), but suffice for a short stay. I'd also say that the food is not bad at the Restaurant.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Johanna F, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel 33, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for this fantastic feedback from your stay with us! Regarding the gym, this facility will undergo an upgrade this year and we will add more equipment for our guests to use. Fingers crossed for this to be in order on your next stay with us!

Hope to see you at the hotel again shortly,

For Quality Hotel 33
Johanna Furenbäck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bergen, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

My first experience with this hotel was how far it was from the bus stop (airport bus express) - especially in rainy weather with snow/slush in the streets and poor plowing of the walkway to the hotel.

As others have mentioned; absolutely no chance of checking in before 3 pm. The front desk staff was mainly service minded, though.

The lunch both Friday and Saturday was rather good with both warm and cold alternatives at the buffet, but mostly salads and very little plain 'bread spread' (pålegg). Breakfast was very good. Dinner was not so good, with very variable level of professionally of the staff. I think the chef might have tried too hard to be innovative?
A plus to one waiter for supplying a very nice alternative to the wine menu; 3-4 different high-quality apple juices (Ringi) that were suited to the various dishes.

The conference room was ok, no negative remarks. A plus for various smaller meeting rooms as well.

The room was ok, but I wasn't able to turn on the tv until the next day (couldn't find the switch!). Locking of the door when going out was supposed to happen automatically, but I didn't know/realize until I mentioned it while checking out. Another thing; the room didn't have info about phone number to front desk, so when my cell phone failed, I had no chance to order a wake up call, either. Overslept by 2 hours..!
My room overlooked the highway and machine yards of some sort (nothing to boast about). But it was nice and clean (also the bathroom), and the bed was comfortable.

The architecture (new and old) is interesting and maybe one of the things that makes this hotel stand out. It's located outside Oslo, so not perfect for tourists, either.

My overall rating ended up at 'average' since the hotel looks ok, but some issues could use attention.
The location is maybe good for nearby businesses that drive their own car or use taxi - and don't spend too much time looking out the window..?

(I did not pay for this myself, so I don't know about the value.)

Room Tip: The bar and restaurant are located at the top, on the 8th floor (9. etg.). Choose your room thereaft...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
We want to thank you for taking the time giving us feedback from your stay. Firstly, you are absolutely correct regarding the bus stops location from the airport. Due to the main road this stop was located on the opposite side of the road and you need to use the bridge for crossing. This take you approximately 5 minutes to the hotel but as you mention, in winter weather this can become quite an effort and I apologize for this. On the plus side, the stop to the airport is located on the same side, 300 meters from the entrance of the hotel. Secondly, your comments regarding check-in has been forwarded to the reception staff. Normally it us only full house routines that won’t allow for early check-in. Guests have until 12 pm to check-out and when full house we simply do not have the possibility to check-in arrivals before standard time at 3 pm.

Lastly we appreciate your positive and constructive feedback regarding the food and we will take these comments with us.

I do hope that you would consider us as your choice of hotel on your next visit to Oslo. The TV and phone should of course be in order and I hope that we will have the possibility to turn this experience to a more positive one.

We hope to see you as a guest at the hotel again shortly, until next time – have a great spring!

For Quality Hotel 33
Oslo, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Propebly the worst choice hotel in Skandinavia, unclean, unprofessional staff,check in at 1500 not a minut earlier, industry view from room, location on the highway, too much snow in parking area, gym(no weights) with TV whitout antenna connection, I changed hotel in the evening so I cant say anything about breakefast.Didnt want to distroy next day!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Dear Guest,
I am truly sorry that we did not fulfil your expectations when staying with us. As you mention we are located outside the city center and with the metro it will take you approximately 9 minutes to the central station (Oslo S). If your intention was to stay in the center of Oslo I understand your frustration since we, as a conference hotel, offer something completely else. Thank you for your comments for improvement, the gym will undergo an upgrade this year with more equipment to use. I do hope you found another hotel suitable for you and I hope you continue using Nordic Choice Hotels when visiting Oslo.

I wish you a great spring!

for Quality Hotel 33,
Haarlem, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had a meeting here for 3 days and i stayed 4 nights. The banqueting is very good. The staff does their utmost to help. I had a single room and that was absolutely tiny. However, the room was nice, clean, modern and quiet. Nothing to complain.
The changing of the wifi code is annoying, but during the meeting we had the same code for 3 days. Parking was not a problem, I gave my details and could park easily at 100m from the hotel. I sometimes have to be in this area for business and would certainly stay again.
The only down side for me was the gym. 4 cardio machines which do not work properly and no other equipment. If they would fix this, it would be 5 stars for me.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor and end room. Restaurant is on the top floor so if you are on the 9th, ask for e...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Johanna F, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel 33, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your great review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Regarding the gym, I am glad to inform you that we have planned some changes that will improve the training facilities. Hopefully this will be up to date on your next visit.

Hope to see you as a guest at the hotel again shortly,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Was here for 5 days and having read previous reviews was super careful about the parking. The maddest thing is that they change the wifi code every day, so when you wake up and want to do your emails or face time your family, you can't without getting a fresh code. I talked to the reception staff who didn't think it was a problem ( it ISNT for them as they don't stay here!!!)

Come on management, sort this out, it's not customer friendly at all.

Julia in the bar was very friendly and the food was good (breakfast and lunch are big buffets) and although dinner was good, the menu every night is the same, so if you are staying here a number of nights, you end up either having the same or working your way through the 4 choices......not what you would expect from such a hotel! The gym is 4 machines.

Rooms are ok, typically small and Scandinavian ( so no extras). There is free coffee in the reception and the meeting area has free ice cream in draught (nice)

Would I stay here again.....no on balance.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Johanna F, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel 33, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and your great comments about the staff and food. We always strive to become even better and therefor your feedback is important to us. Your comments about the dinner alternatives have been forwarded and we will look into other choices.

Regarding the wireless Internet I believe that we have not informed you about the system properly. Our Internet codes are generated for 3 days at a time, when this period is done we have to generate a new code. This means, if you checked in the day before expiration, you needed a new code the day after. I apologize if we did not inform you about this upon arrival.

We hope to see you as a guest with us again shortly,

Have a great Autumn!

Sales Manager
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Had a fantastic stay here for 3 nights, Reception and Restaurant staff really friendly and helpful, can't do enough for you. The breakfast staff were a little miserable.
As a hotel receptionist I'm always quite on the ball with staff and hotel facilities etc, and I couldn't fault the reception staff at all, they could answer all questions and very informative. The rooms were brilliant, really clean and very modern. We were staying here to explore Oslo, the hotel was a little bit out of the way on the side of a main road, but you heard no noise from the traffic, and a bus stop was only a few minutes walk away, a quick bus trip and a few stops on the metro you were in the city centre. The restaurant on the top floor was brilliant, fantastic food, really friendly staff, bar staff brilliant too! All in all a fantastic hotel, just a shame we couldn't pick it up and put it in the city centre!!

Room Tip: We just had a standard double room which was facing the road, and heard no traffic noise, so I can o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Henrik S, General Manager at Quality Hotel 33, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for your review of our hotel.

Welcome Back!

Best regards
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed at hotel for four nights, not much room to move once beds were laid out but were still clean and nice. Breakfast was fine, receptionists were friendly on arrival and nice to our young kids. Free wifi was good but inconvenient that you had to go to reception to get a new code each morning for it to work. Hotel is located in a small industrial park with not much else around but there is a bus stop nearby and its a short drive to the train station. They don't own their carpark though in front of the hotel. We got caught as forgot to leave the hotel ticket on the car on one of the nights so were hit with a 760Kr fine. The parking company Q-Park aren't interested if you're a guest of the hotel or not and it was disappointing that the only support the hotel gave was an email address.
As a cheap hotel with "free" parking its ok but just remember the parking ticket.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Johanna F, Sales Manager at Quality Hotel 33, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Michael325,

Thank you for taking the time posting this review from your stay with us.

I apologize for the misunderstanding regarding the hotel parking. Since this summer we have got a new parking system for our guests and we offer 100 free parking spaces. The new system requires you as a guest to register your registration licence plate to the reception and they confirm you as a hotel guest to Q-park. I hope that this experience won't stop you being a guest at the hotel on your next trip to Oslo.

We hope to see you again,

Until next time, have a great autumn!

Sales Manager

Been to Quality Hotel 33? Share your experiences!