“Great service from start to finish” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Stratfield Mortimer, United Kingdom
“Great service from start to finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We have come accross a few people that do not want to be in the service world here in Tromso but this breaks all rules. The welcome was warm with assistance on the menu choices. I had a tenderloin steak, which came with sweetcorn, gratin potatoes and sauce, it was delicious. Mone wise was reasonable for Norway but expensive for other European countries. Definitely worth a visit.

• Polish first
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Very Disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We're leaving Tromso tomorrow morning and although we loved the place, we just don't understand the restaurant opening policy which appears to exist. We are told that many, many tourists visit during the Christmas to New Year break. If this is true (and I can testify that there were an awful lot of Brits and Japanese tourists about) why was Steakers closed? I guess that they made so much money before the tourists' arrival with the massive margins made with the prices everyone charges that they just didn't need the business.
We will return to Tromso and if Steaker's is open, we will not dine there.

London, United Kingdom
“Not worth it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

For starter, I had salad from the salad bar, not very good selection and they provide very small salad plates (you could fit few salad leaves on it I guess intentionally). My husband had mussels, he was quite happy with the choice although it took them forever to bring it.
I ordered standard steak for my main and my husband one of the steak specials. I wanted mine well-done and it was really chewy. My husband ordered medium-rare, it was ok-ish toward what would be considered well-done. Overall, paid at least double what we would pay in the UK for better quality meal, service was not great. From our experience, not worth it.

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Good atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Nice dining room and bar. Reasonable price for the food and wine--considering how much everything else costs in this town.

Visited March 2012
Gibraltar
“Best meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This was the best meal we had, steak was cooked exactly as we asked, pleasant and friendly staff who were very attentive

Visited November 2012