“Rock n'roll food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Description: Kitchen & Table Tromso by Marcus Samuelsson
“Rock n'roll food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Great taste; hamburgers and Rudolf the reindeer. Informal. Great food presentation. Suits all ages. Friendly, natural and enthusiastic personell.

Christian V, Manager at Kitchen & Table Tromso, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for the great feedback! Rock n´roll food is a great compliment! Hope to see you again!

Toulouse, France
“Nice food, great furniture”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had the chance to stay during a business trip at the new Clarion hotel.
I had read the reviews of other people that say the restaurant is so noisy, so I went early (around 17:45) and it was really ok, but when I left, 1:30h later it started to be difficult to speak to the people next to you.
The food is good, generous and good prepared (tiny too much salt for my taste) and the scenery is modern and with great views.
If I stay here again, I'll probably eat here a couple of times again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Drobak, Norway
“Nice food, averace experience..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Had som fried "klippfisk", and it was really good. The spicy mayonaise was a bit unspicy. But the dish was good.
Had a KT burger as main. Delicate and good taste. Fries are really good.
The burger is serves quite raw so if you dont like it red you schould tell.
the staff was nice and helpfull but a bit slow.
This is the kind of restaurant where it would be nice with some good bread and butter for waiting.
But it was a god experience.

Tromso, Norway
“Great restaurant, noisy location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Kitchen&Table at 8 pm on a Saturday was a very noisy experience. The hall is huge and with a lot of people talking in addition to loud music from the disco. We had enough after the main course and went for dessert somewhere else. I hope they improve work on the noise level soon.

However, the food was great and the staff was very friendly. A nice little spicy onion starter with fresh bread.

I got a great Valencian red wine which matched my reindeer well (They had a small selection of "food friendly" wines). The reindeer, the sweetpotato fries and matching sauce with salad was tasty and original - the only thing I missed was the dish "coming together" a bit more. By that I mean that all pieces are great by themselves, but you get no "added value" by combining them although they didn't clash either. Visiting the Red Rooster in New York last month, I think Marcus Samuelsson did better there finding excellent food matches - but then they were four years ahead also. Just proves that Manahattan food with ingredients from Northern Norway can be a challenge. However, the food was excellent prepared and the meat was tender. My companions both choose halibut and were well pleased. We found it a bit strange that you had to order fries separately for the halibut ("today's fish") , while for the reindeer is was included.

Altogether, I paid close to 400 NOK for the reindeer with a glass of wine. We left due to the noise before dessert and coffee. I'll give two this time, four or five points next time with noise reduction.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Christian V, Daglig leder at Kitchen & Table Tromso, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for the great feedback! At Clarion Hotel The Edge we have a vibrant livingroom and as a new restaurant we have experienced that the noice level is something we need to adjust. We are looking to create the totalt experience with both food and nightlife, but again, adjustments are being made.
I hope to see you again at Kitchen & Table
Respectfully, Christian
Tromso, Norway
“Good kitchen but you may need earplugs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Newly started restaurant at The Edge in Tromsø is a niche place for eating, i.e. the kitchen is good, but for conversations it is lousy when the music starts. If you move all back in the restaurant you may hear what you are saying, but then then you don't see the person you are talking to. Too dark. Nice prices, good wines, acceptable staff, but the level of noice is unacceptable.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your feedback. Our goal is always to create a vibrant and lively place to wine and dine, but earplugs should not be part of our dresscode. We have realized that the level of noise is too high and we are doing our very best to please both our guests in the bar and in the restaurant.
Respectfully, Christian