“Great hotel, amazing place ;) Outstanding staff ;)” 4 of 5 stars

Smarthotel Tromso
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   Vestregata 6, Tromso, Norway   |
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Tromso
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, amazing place ;) Outstanding staff ;)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We booked into the Smarthotel as we knew how expensive it would be for us to visit Norway for the summer solstice ;) It was good value for money. The staff were all outstanding during our stay - and were very happy to help with anything - and always with a smile. The room was small - but we knew that in advance. Our room had a bed that touched the wall on 3 sides but that was really the only downside. The room was big enough for us to safely leave our stuff in to do what we were there to do - go out ! The shower/toilet facilities are just the right size and the shower was excellent. The whole place was mostly soundproof - only the loudest revellers made it past the double glazing and excellent insulation - and we slept soundly behind the black out curtains - as the sun didn't go down during our trip ;) It's well situated to walk into the centre of town - and there's busses to everywhere close by. It really was a great trip and we would definitely stay here again when we go back. Tromso was amazing and really is worth a visit too.....we had a great time and met some top people - and loved walking round Tromsdalstinden for the views !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel was much cheaper than other hotels along the brygge - sth to keep in mind as accommodation in Norway can be quite expensive
It is located a couple of streets up parallel to the main street, Storgata but Tromsø is tiny so that means it is 5' walk from the town hall and the shops/bars/pier.

What I liked:
. Very friendly staff – relaxed, approachable and helpful.
. brand new building/rooms
. cosy atmosphere, very good for the price of a budget hotel (in Norway..)
. free Wi-Fi with reasonably good bandwidth and coverage in lobby, corridors and rooms.
. practical lounge and decent breakfast for NOK85

Thanks and keep it this way!

Room Tip: stayed in a double on 4th floor, which was slightly more spacious than my friends' single rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Samos, Greece
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The room is stylish but TOOOO small for 2 people without a place even to store your luggage. we had to wait the other to get ready as we could not at the same time walk in that tiny corridor . I was too tired when I arrived there and wanted to get a drink to refresh myself. Unfortunately, I could not pay by cash but only via a debit or credit card!!! HATE THAT!!! I m against the Banks and all that system!!!! I did not buy it as I didnt have any money in my debit card and thought it s too silly to be charged in a credit card.. the irony is that I had so much money in my wallet and I couldnt drink a tiny glass of water or juice because I made the mistake to have CASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am human wake up from all that technological trend!!! I would not recommend this hotel as it s not friendly to me!!! I was thirsty and couldnt drink anything even if I had 7000 NOK in my wallet at that moment!! IRONY!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Smarthotel T, Smartvertleder at Smarthotel Tromso, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear guest!

Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences about us.

I'm glad to hear that your found our rooms stylish, we are happy to offer a good night sleep in a hish quality bed at a low cost.

I'm very sorry to hear about the problems you experienced regarding cash payment!
As we don't have cash payment facileties, we only accept credit card payment. I'm sorry that we didn't inform you better when making the reservation and that we were not able to be more flexible to solve the problem during your stay. For example we have coffee and water available from the reception 24/7.

Hope you had a nice time in Tromsø and Norway!

Been to Smarthotel Tromso? Share your experiences!