“A home from home” 5 of 5 stars

Nansenveien 32, Tromso 9007, Norway   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Tromso B&B and Inns
“A home from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Excellent self catering accommodation on the south west side of Tromso Island. There are 4 bedrooms that share a kitchen, living room and bathroom. There is also a shared balcony which offers views of the surrounding fjords and distant mountains. We cooked our own meals in the kitchen each night as the cost of eating out is staggering. As we were leaving on a late flight, Samuel, the host said that as there were no guests arriving that particular day we could keep our room until we needed to go to the airport, which was a nice gesture. All in all a great trip to northern Norway and Home Sleep played a big part in this.

• Stayed May 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Venlo, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Hi Samuel!!

Our stay at your "Home Sleep" was the highlight to our trip.
We had a great time, and your place is very nice. Really enjoyed ourselves.
And we felt at home, straight away, you are such a nice and heartwarming person!
See you soon!!

Arjan and Suzan from NL!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a house Guri and Samuel purchased some years back which is let out to tourists. Rooms are nice and furnished. The house is maintained well. They have a map on the wall where Sam attaches the pins to mark people from various countries visiting his place, which was quite full and understandably so. Our room was little small for two people. It has a big kitchen and dining area where one can make their own food. Bathrooms have heated floors and has washing machine.

Free Wi-Fi, maps, DVD's books are readily available.

Samuel is very humble and friendly person with lots of information about Tromso to share.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a twin bed, try to get the bigger room which has an outlet to the balcony. We...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Do you want to feel like you are staying with family or friends when you visit Tromso, Norway?

If so, I would highly recommend Home Sleep operated by Guri & Samuel Estdahl.

With most regular hotel starting at a rate of K$750 per night for single occupancy, I quickly booked Home Sleep online when I saw it was offering the same type accommodations for K$495 per night.

About a week prior to my booked date I received an email from Home Sleep concerning my flight arrival information as they do not have a traditional hotel front desk.

As it turns out, I decided to head to Tromso a day earlier and gave Home Sleep a call on the afternoon of my new arrival date. No problem for Samuel as my room is already prepared and he is picking up another guest that happens to be on my flight.

I am not sure how many locations Home Sleep has but the apartment I am staying at is located in a safe and quiet neighbor with a bus stop just a few feet away. This provides easy access into the city centre or it is about a twenty minute walk downhill into town.

Bedrooms are simply furnished and the apartment has a common kitchen, living room and bathroom that has a washing machine and heated floor.

Free Wi-Fi, maps and local happenings publications are readily available.

Samuel is the most gracious of host. I think Home Sleep is deserving of your business if this is the type of accommodation that might suit you.

I can promise you that it will be a great part of your experience while visiting wonderful Tromso.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is not typically a hotel. This is more of a home stay (though the owners don't stay at the place) where you would have to share the place with others. Nice comfy rooms, all amenities provided. Guri and Samuel have maintained this place quite nicely. What I liked the most about this place is the hospitality from the owners. I reached at 11pm on a snowing day and was received very warmly by Samuel, who then spent a good half an hour with me guiding me on how best to view the lights. A 20 min walk to the city centre. No breakfast included, but you can make your own. Thumbs up.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Home Sleep? Share your experiences!