We checked in yesterday and the reception staff who attended to us was very helpful and friendly. She also spoke good English. We were pleasantly surprised to be allotted a room with a view of the harbour and the sea. The Tromsø bridge is seen in the background. The room was clean and nice.
The breakfast in the morning was superb. Truly the best breakfast in Tromsø. The wide variety of items on the buffet line is something to behold. All the items are pleasantly and nicely arranged and make you want to just sample everything! It is like too much food but too little stomach. (Haha).
This hotel is centrally located and is the meeting point for excursions like an Adventure in Camp Tamok and Aurora Chasing trips. Great place, good people, great food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is centrally located in Tromso, also known as the Paris of the North. With its unique location on the quay, the hotel stretches out over the Tromso strait with magnificent views of the harbour, Ishavskatedralen and Tromsdalen.Rica Ishavshotel just won the prize as Norway's fifth best hotel, voted by TripAdvisors many travellers. The hotel is proud to boast the title "Traveller's Choice 2012". By June 2014 the hotel has expanded with 34 new rooms and suites. The entire 1st and 2nd floor which includes reception, lobby, restaurant and bar has been refurbished and we are proud to welcome our guests to a newly renovated hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Scandic Ishavshotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rica Ishavshotel Hotel
- Rica Ishavshotel Tromso Tromsø
- Rica Ishavshotel Tromso Hotel Tromsø