The hotel is located near to the central bus station and walking distance to the central of the town where you can find restaurants and shops. It is a busy hotel, as during our stay, there were a few business functions/conferences being held at the hotel, so could get crowded sometimes. Room is small, but clean. The sea view was ok, but not something I would pay extra bucks for. Breakfast was amazing with extensive spread. The hotel does offer some activities bookings, but the machine in the hall just does not seem to work well. After a few tries I gave up and went online to book. Rica and the hotel opposite seem to be some of the major pick up points for the activities, so it is quite convenient to stay here.
The stay is comfortable, and I think the hotel is considered to be of good standard in local context.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is centrally located in Tromso, also known as the Paris of the North. With its unique location on the quay, the hotel stretches out over the Tromso strait with magnificent views of the harbour, Ishavskatedralen and Tromsdalen.Rica Ishavshotel just won the prize as Norway's fifth best hotel, voted by TripAdvisors many travellers. The hotel is proud to boast the title "Traveller's Choice 2012". By June 2014 the hotel has expanded with 34 new rooms and suites. The entire 1st and 2nd floor which includes reception, lobby, restaurant and bar has been refurbished and we are proud to welcome our guests to a newly renovated hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Rica Ishavshotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rica Ishavshotel Hotel
- Rica Ishavshotel Tromso Tromsø
- Rica Ishavshotel Tromso Hotel Tromsø