We travelled as two couples and checked in for one night at the end of our Hurtigruten cruise to Kirkinees. It was very late when we docked but we had already pre-booked two rooms. Unfortunately, the receptionist (I think was new) put us in two single rooms!! Managed to find an extra duvet (with no cover) in the cupboard. Only one hand towel and one bath towel. We made do! Felt it was too late to call reception as it was now about 1.00 am.
Nonetheless,, the bed was comfortable but as with the outside temperatures, the room was very hot. Not the hotels fault as the temperature in Tromso was exceedingly high for that time of the year' The breakfast was extremely good. We were allowed to leave our luggage at the hotel, as we were not getting the flight from Tromso to Gatwick until quite late in the evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is centrally located in Tromso, also known as the Paris of the North. With its unique location on the quay, the hotel stretches out over the Tromso strait with magnificent views of the harbour, Ishavskatedralen and Tromsdalen.Rica Ishavshotel just won the prize as Norway's fifth best hotel, voted by TripAdvisors many travellers. The hotel is proud to boast the title "Traveller's Choice 2012". By June 2014 the hotel has expanded with 34 new rooms and suites. The entire 1st and 2nd floor which includes reception, lobby, restaurant and bar has been refurbished and we are proud to welcome our guests to a newly renovated hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Rica Ishavshotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rica Ishavshotel Hotel
- Rica Ishavshotel Tromso Tromsø
- Rica Ishavshotel Tromso Hotel Tromsø