“Poor food” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 72 Restaurants in Tromso
Sydney
“Poor food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Pizza had very little filling. mostly dough.
The pasta came without some of the ingredients it was described with.
Overall food was made to be cheap, not very tasty or healthy.

Service average.

Visited February 2013

Hertfordshire
“Poor food, poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Three of us had an early dinner in here one night and frankly I thought it was very poor. Service wasn't exactly friendly or welcoming (in contrast to many places we ate in Norway), nor was it particularly efficient, and the restaurant only had another couple of occupied tables when we were there so they weren't over stretched. My pasta with vegetables and tomato sauce was the worst pasta dish I have ever eaten - I can do better at home and I'm no cook. My husband said his pizza was just about OK. I can't recommend this place on the basis of our experience.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tromso, Norway
“Ok prices - ok food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

When you see Le Chef from outside, looks like a very bad restaurant, to be honest. French name, and Italian flag?? What is that??

But inside, the things are much nicer!! Nice staff, decoration is ok and looks even a bit elegant. Then the prices are cheaper than other places in Tromso (and in Norway). The food is very tasty too. I have already been there thrice and I will definitely repeat soon :D

Would I recommend it? Yes! :)

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Okay but bad shrimp!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Overall the restaurant was okay and the prices were very reasonable. The shrimp starter was terrible. The curry chicken and vegetarian pastas were both nice and also the minestrone.

United Kingdom
“Great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon Le Chef on our first night and had a wonderful meal. They sell all sorts of Italian food we were able to have one course and some wine. The price in comparison to other restaurants was cheaper. The small pizzas were a good size and tasty.