“Great evening at Nikkers” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bar, Coffee Shop, International, Norwegian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Great evening at Nikkers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We had a great afternoon at Nikkers which went well into the night. An afternoon stop for a beer and fries turned into more beers and a really delicious dinner. The servings were really generous. Very good value for money. We had the sizzling chicken and a pulled pork burger, both which were really tasty. The staff were lovely and accommodating. A great place to sit by the fire and spend some time relaxing with good friends and good tunes.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Buffalo
“Nice Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This place has a 'pubby' atmosphere - I liked it, it's probably not for everyone - depends on what you're looking for. The service was decent and the food was actually pretty good - some of us had game (Elk?) and it was great. I'd go there again if I was in Lillehammer. Prices? Everything in Norway is expensive!

Visited March 2014
Marlborough, United Kingdom
“Homely Hangout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Ate here on our first night as a group of nine staying in Lillehammer for a long weekend. Hearty rustic food,usually a national dish special on and welcoming prompt service. Sports bar is next door is worth a visit if the ice hockey is on and maybe try the local table hockey game upstairs. Head for the tall chimney near the square and you can't miss it.

Visited March 2014
Drammen, Norway
“Just like in 'Northern Exposure'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I made a reservation there for a Saturday lunch as a surprise to my boyfriend. We rode a train for three hours to get there so we were hoping for something special and that's what we got. The place was full so it's good that I made that reservation. Our table was just beside the fireplace which was welcome on a cold day in January. The waitress had English language menus for us as soon as she heard us speaking English without us even asking for them. The interior is very cozy and really reminded me of this awesome show from the nineties 'Northern Exposure'. There is a huge stuffed elk head on the wall and it looks awesome. The staff were very nice and had uniforms adding to the overall experience for us. We both ordered cheeseburgers and that was a great choice. The meat was cooked to perfection and vegetables were fresh, we both really enjoyed it. I also got a cappuccino, which was good but it was the usual Norwegian small size, so if you are used to the UK or US cappuccinos order a double.
This is not a fine dining restaurant, more of a pub setting and it's delicious. I would definitely recommend it to friends. They also do reservations online, on their website, which is how I made my reservation and I got a confirmation e-mail back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alesund, Norway
“Pub serving food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great atmosphere. The staff was all very friendly and very service-oriented. The food was made from scratch and it was all delicious. It was more a pub serving food then it was a restaurant, which made it different from other places, in a good way. I hope I get a chance to eat here again someday.

• Visited November 2013