“Just like in 'Northern Exposure'” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Norwegian, International, Bar, Café
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Late Night
Drammen, Norway
“Just like in 'Northern Exposure'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I made a reservation there for a Saturday lunch as a surprise to my boyfriend. We rode a train for three hours to get there so we were hoping for something special and that's what we got. The place was full so it's good that I made that reservation. Our table was just beside the fireplace which was welcome on a cold day in January. The waitress had English language menus for us as soon as she heard us speaking English without us even asking for them. The interior is very cozy and really reminded me of this awesome show from the nineties 'Northern Exposure'. There is a huge stuffed elk head on the wall and it looks awesome. The staff were very nice and had uniforms adding to the overall experience for us. We both ordered cheeseburgers and that was a great choice. The meat was cooked to perfection and vegetables were fresh, we both really enjoyed it. I also got a cappuccino, which was good but it was the usual Norwegian small size, so if you are used to the UK or US cappuccinos order a double.
This is not a fine dining restaurant, more of a pub setting and it's delicious. I would definitely recommend it to friends. They also do reservations online, on their website, which is how I made my reservation and I got a confirmation e-mail back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Alesund, Norway
“Pub serving food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great atmosphere. The staff was all very friendly and very service-oriented. The food was made from scratch and it was all delicious. It was more a pub serving food then it was a restaurant, which made it different from other places, in a good way. I hope I get a chance to eat here again someday.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Restaurant with a sense of humour! Food was good, service was very nice and the balcony overlooking the river was peaceful. Bear in mind that the food is at Norwegian prices, if you are a visitor.

Ålesund
“cozy but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Nice and cozy place, cool interior and very "norwegian". Has a eating section and a sport section, we only visited thr eating place. Friendly and attentive staff and food came quick. Food was tasty and fresh, even though expensive. Lunch for 2 adults and one child plus beverage and dessert totaled around 780,- NOK (around 130$). Exepct for prize - would visit again :k)

Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Fun setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Good food and service. It was fun sitting on the deck over the river. Enjoyed our meal and experience.

Visited July 2013