“Cheap and delicious” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #211 of 2,878 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Pakistani
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Late Night
“Cheap and delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a very hip place and not only popular among students, however they only dare to leave paying less than 8 euros or so. It`s up to you how much you eat and pay as the motto says and that`s a great deal for people who tend to eat as much as they can. :) Be prepared though that you can get easily unfriendly reaction if you don`t pay the expected amount of money. There is pretty much space, especially in the `cellar` and the food is delicious enough. Not a great variety but it works for me. They have drinks on offer for a fixed price,however I was completely fine with the tap water which is served in a can.That`s a pretty good point actually.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Go just to experience the quirkiness of the concept.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Don't expect incredible food,but rather a range of dishes that is palatable and plentiful. There is always more than one veggie option and two different desserts at the end to choose from. The moment we walked in we asked a waitress to explain how things worked and she very kindly and warmy did. Water is free and abundant or you can choose a priced drink from the menu. The buffet is naturally unpriced and as you leave you head to the till and pay whatever you wish for the food. The decor is funky and there are free postcards of the eclectic interior to take away with you. Bring a marker pen and leave your own Dali on the wall, the ones we had next to our table had no ink in them sadly.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Not as good as the reviews make you think.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Not sure why so many people like this place, we went there on advice of multiple friends.

Nobody to welcome us, or explain the concept. Staff didn't say a word or even smiled at us. The waitress looked like she didn't have a shower that morning...

The food wasn't bad, but as you feel obliged to pay at least 5? pp not really price worthy. Very simple dishes. Plates weren't very clean, neither were the glasses for the free water.

Atmosphere not very cosy, shaky tables, lot of noise from the street, no music playing. No effort whatsoever to make it something worthwhile, we were out within 20 mins.

All in all, I don't think they would have many customers left if they had fixed prices. The 'special' feeling of paying as much as you like is the only thing special about them.

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Best Meal/Deal in Vienna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

You all know by now: eat as much as you like, pay what you wish. Doesn't sound too promising, but the food here is great. Giant chunks of chicken in curry, tasty veg curries, fresh bread, usually 2 meat and 3 veg options, rice, salad, dessert, and condiments. The decor is... funky and eclectic? Your snootier friends might say it's a little shabby but I love it- loads of character. I can live without paying extra for a 'buncha crazy crap onna walls'. It's no-frills but colourful and fun. I usually have two helpings of the main courses, also a salad and dessert, and they seem happy with a tenner. Great food and great value for Vienna, where a hot dog can cost you five euros.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Totally worth the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was introduced to this restaurant by a friend in Vienna last year. I returned last week with a friend whom I told about the place. The first time I thoroughly enjoyed the food and the ambiance. The second time with my friend from Poland, I also enjoyed and with a second visit got a chance to see that they do switch up the menu. My friend and I had a curried chicken over rice dish, tasty potatoes and vegetables. We went back for seconds and were stuffed. We discussed how much should we pay and agreed on 5 euros each. We skipped dessert and drank water (free) with our meal. If you are in Vienna, find this place!

• Visited May 2013