“If u don't have children its okay” 3 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Beta Design Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Karmarschgasse 65, Vienna 1100, Austria   |
Ranked #334 of 368 Hotels in Vienna
“If u don't have children its okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I stay here for 6 days. Reception only want cash. Nobody are in Reception. In our bathroom by toilett we found a pubic hair. Internet we dont find in our Room. The hotel have a kitchen next to the reception. The microwave is broken. You can enable it, after 3 minutes the food is still cold. Faucet available but no water. No dishes no plates available. Only two pots and toaster are so dirty that you can't use them. As my children have emptied the juice to bed I asked for a new bed coating. They was rude communicated that they change the bed sheet only once a week. Reluctandly me a fresh linen was given to pull himself over.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Lagoa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We were passing through Austria on our 8-country tour and picked this hotel/apartment for one night. It was the best find of our entire three week vacation and we wish we could have stayed longer. For starters we arrived later than we'd anticipated and were quite tired. We had booked a two-bedroom apartment with our friends and couldn't have been more pleased of the cleanliness, comfort level, size and layout of this hotel/apartment.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I liked this hotel, because I end up sleeping at reception on second day of my stay at hotel. Of course they rent my room to someone else, without notifying me, due to "system failure". I like in this hotel, because there are no employees in this hotel, so if you need something or if something happen to you they are “always there”. I liked this hotel, because you can “enjoy” in sightseeing about 40min until you reach civilization. I also liked their continental “breakfast” so much. Therefore, anyone who “like” same as I do, this is a first choice.

"Last thing I remember, I was Running for the door"

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for a city break in Vienna. The hotel is in the 10th becirk, and is located a bit far from the subway station, but other means of transport (trams and buses) are available.
The area is pure residential, nothing to see around.
The hotel is decent - nice rooms, bathroom clean. Breakfast decent, nothing above average. The front office is serviced by one person and that person is in charge of pretty much everything. There is no one at the front desk in the evening.
All in all, the hotel is quiet, decent, good value for money.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Shepherdstown, WV, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Good rooms, public transport easy once you learn the routes ( go up K-gasse, turn left, cross Neilreichsgasse to the bustop and any take you to the Reumannplatz U-bahn; a tram from Reumannplatz gets you back to Neireichsgasse. Price not bad, breakfast OK. But yes, make all your arrangements online. Don't have questions or problems, because if there is anyone at the reception desk when you arrive, they won't be there long. And if the "wirtinen" can't make the credit card reader work during checkout she'll tell you to give her cash, and to be darn quick about it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
London UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I went to this hotel at 1pm and there was no one in reception, I just wanted to leave my bags for the day but everything was locked. No one picked up when I called the hotel number (from the lobby). Since I had just walked 1km (from the nearest tube station- Reumannplatz) with my bags I decided to wait.

Two hours later the owner showed up. By that time I had met another guest who said the wait time at reception for someone to arrive in the 3 days he had been there was 1-3 hours. I finally got my key, went up to the room but the door didn't work, had to wait another hour for fixing. By then my Saturday was ruined having wasted the afternoon at the hotel. The room itself was not three star. It was clean but walls were damaged and the bed (two twins put together) always sliding apart. Bathroom was ok but the shower did not drain properly and flooded quickly.

On the Sunday I wanted to leave my bag for the day again so I could go out, but again no one was there for checkout, only a note asking to leave the keycard on reception desk. I had to carry my luggage all around town because there are no lockers in train stations anymore (found out after visiting two main ones with my bags). So my Sunday was ruined as well! Choosing this hotel turned my weekend in Vienna into a nightmare.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

This hotel was very good as it has everything you need. My friend and I took BB and it was great as we were all day outside. Rooms have one big or two standard beds, tv, aircon. Bathroom looks like it is from another much beeter hotel as it had amazing shower. Hotel is in little street Karmarshgasse which is not so easy to find especialy if you are for the first time in Wien. It is I think in 10th bicirk but you have U bahn no 1 and you will be at Stephenplatz in less than 15 minutes.

I recomend this hotel for everybody who want to see the city and just sleep over at hotel.

Vesko

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Beta Design Hotel? Share your experiences!