“Does noone understand the meaning of Italian-American any more?” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Does noone understand the meaning of Italian-American any more?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Does exactly what it says on the tin. This is what I would expect from an Italian-American diner. Steaks, pizza, pasta, ribs, burgers. I have no clue what the people who are saying there's "nothing American" on the menu are expecting!

The service was great, we were warmly greeted and treated with a light but very friendly touch. I got the feeling that I could have asked the waiter for anything and he'd've done his best to accommodate.

If you're after a taste of "home", you can't go far wrong with Franks.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Market Deeping, United Kingdom
“Average Joe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

Its all been said, weird but central location. Nothing American except some items on the menu for example burgers and steaks. Staff were very good and the food too. If your on a budget you will love the low (for Europe) prices. Worth a look.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Place is alright”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I went here with my wife for dinner while on vacation in Vienna. It's an interesting place as it's kind of hidden away in a larger building that you wouldn't really notice from just walking by. As the previous poster said, there really is nothing American about this place other than the fact that they have Cheeseburgers on the menu. The beer was pretty good, and the food wasn't bad. The atmosphere is pretty cool as the restaurant is surprisingly larger than you would have thought when you first walk in the front door. The service was pretty good. A bit pricey, though.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nothing American about this”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We were VERY jet lagged and wanted some easy food - we were not up to having weinersnitzel at the time. We went into Franks and ordered some simple pizza (you cannot mess that up right?). It was really awful. The waiter recommended a few things and we listened - big mistake. My pizza smelled of raw meat - I could not eat it and I was starving. I am not a foodie but I am certainly accustomed to traveling internationally and trying all types of foods, this was just bad. Just an FYI for anyone who may care about this (didn't bother me but I would want to know), the do allow pets inside and they smoke inside as well.

Visited November 2011
Vienna, Austria
“Very nice room, mediocre service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Very nicely appointed rooms, good space (tables not too close together), beautiful fixtures, lots of plants--overall this is a very, very pleasant environment. The menu is fairly extensive though not as particularly "American" as I was expecting. The staff was pleasant but forgetful and probably overworked, as it was hard to get their attention. Though this is typical in Vienna, it seemed a little worse than even in other Viennese restaurants. For this reason, even though we had decided on coffee and dessert, we ended up leaving and going elsewhere as we couldn't get out order entered.

• Visited January 2012