“the real stuff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Purstner

Purstner
Riemergasse 10, Vienna 1010, Austria (Inner City)
+43 1 5126357
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 2,882 Restaurants in Vienna
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Turkey
“the real stuff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Been there on December 22nd, 2013.

Spent there 2 hours and departed full and happy. Great place with real stuff and generous portions. Interior design is the one of hunter's hut, I think.

Service was not too fast, but not too slow either. Staff was friendly and competent.

I wish their work out a more sophisticated wine list.

Definitely, I would recommend the place to anybody.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Purcellville, VA
“What we asked for ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Asked our concierge for a reasonably priced, nearby traditional Austrian meal. Able to get reservations for a very busy Saturday night. Busy little place, but still smiled and spoke to us. All of the staff we saw were active fulfilling needs - water, beer, order, table cloth, light the candle - must of had 4 people do different things at our table in the first 3-4 minutes. All tables looked full and we were escorted to a fun little table in a cove of sorts. Servings were huge - prices were low (Euro 11 - 15). Dinner for two, including beer and wine <Euro 50. Didn't come close to finishing our plates - maybe 50%.

Visited December 2013
Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
“Disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

An average local restaurant with unpretentious service and very average local food. Some meals were brought already cold (also soups), forgot orders. Cannot imagine this place on the top of vienna list.

Haywards Heath UK
“Recommended - and not disappointed !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

From an eating perspective, this was the highlight of our annual visit to Vienna. I had reviewed the 23 photo website and critically expected the restaurant to be something less. Instead, I was surprised that it turned out to be "everything it says on the can". Apparently traditional, it comes complete with lederhosen clad vibrant staff (you almost expect them to break into a yodel or two), a solid Tyrolean style hunting lodge setting, and plentiful food. Like a previous reviewer, I had the two full racks of spareribs - wow ! - following an "old Viennese soup" starter.
Two hours went in a flash - and here's the rub :- on a busy night, you are allocated your table for 2 hours only - so be aware.
We shall go again - there's so much on the menu I have yet to experience!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Outstanding Viennese offerings at affordable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This restaurant came recommended, by the concierge at our hotel, and it was advice well taken! Authentic Viennese dishes served in an eclectic, hunting lodge-like setting made for a meal that won't soon be forgotten. I ordered the spareribs, recommended by our server, and they were outstanding! Two (yes two) full racks laid over perfectly cooked local potatoes accompanied by a large (also local) draft beer meant that today lunch and dinner would become one in the same, as I knew from the first bite that I would not be able to stop before I was stuffed as completely as the numerous animals and birds that festoon every wall of this special place. The wife was not overly impressed with the herb chicken, but she and my daughter thought the appetizers of lightly fried Camembert with cranberry sauce, and the ever popular tomatoes, basil and mozzarella were as good as you'd get anywhere. Personally, I thought the Camembert was among the best I've ever had. Why only four stars then? The server, though not outwardly hostile or menacing, seemed to be less than pleased with his choice of profession on this day. Trust me on this one, if you're in Vienna, try this restaurant, you won't be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Food