I am writing this review while sipping beer in Garten Hotel 2's counter part, i.e. Hotel 1.
Well, this review is about Garten Hotel 2.
Garten Hotel 2 is an average 3 star hotel. Rooms are not bad, hotel is in a residential location in Am Schopfwerk station. The hotel staff is excellent and that lifts up the entire experience.
I stayed in Garten Hotel 2 for 5 nights in early Sepetember 2012 for a business visit to Vienna.
On the whole I was not impressed by the hotel, but the hotel staff was so nice, my experience and opinion about the hotel has improved.
Hotel Location: Average
The hotel is located in sector 33 of Vienna (to the best of my knowledge). This is quiet far from the town center and one would either have to take a taxi or a train to reach town center. The train is easily accessible, however you would have to change at two stations to reach the center. By Taxi it would cost about 25 EUR and by Train, it would cost you about 2 EUR one way.
Otherwise, the nearby location is peaceful and I found it to be a residential location.
Rooms: Average to bad
The hotel rooms are bad due to many considerations
- on the whole, the decor of the room was non inspiring with dead walls and crazy furniture.
- the room did not have a WiFi internet connection. So I had to use a LAN connector to connect to internet. Both ends of the cable were broken so the cable kept coming out. (WiFi was available in lobby though)
- It appeared to me that the hotel had given no though to guest's convenience. The wall socket for plugging LAN cable was placed such that I had to lie flat on the ground to access it (Room 479)
- Hotel does not have air conditioning or fans. So on the first two days of my stay, I could not sleep comfortably due to the heat. (however, given that vienna has a long winter, this may not be a problem for most)
- The bed was comfortable, but not luxurious
- Bathroom was small, but clean and sufficient. Since the curtain was not good enough, the water used to drip out all over the floor.
The reason I do not detest my stay at Hotel 2 is because of the good staff. Very rarely I have found the entire staff of the hotel uniformly courteous and helpful. During my 5 days of stay, I interacted with the different receptionists, restaurant staff & house keeping. All were always smiling and ready to help. They were warm and due to that I felt welcome at the hotel.
I would rate the whole staff better than many other 4 or 5 star hotels that I have stayed in.
The breakfast was continental, as expected and I found it to be ample. I am a vegetarian, so that choice was limited for me, but for others, the choice was ample.
Would I stay there again? Well, I would prefer not to.
On the last day, I went to Hotel 1 and really liked the hotel. I did not see the rooms, but on the whole I loved the ambiance and the settings. It is a 4 star hotel with lot of other facilities such as Fitness center, Sauna, Bar, etc. The hotel 1 is about 300 meters away from hotel 2.
If you are considering staying at Garten hotel, I would surely recommend Hotel 1 over Hotel 2.
The staff is the same ( I saw the hotel 2 staff here). I also found out that guests staying at hotel 2 can use Hotel 1 facilities.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Gartenhotel Altmannsdorf Hotel 2 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.