“Visiting Vienna from Arlington Texas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Skopik & Lohn

Skopik & Lohn
Leopoldsgasse 17, Vienna A-1020, Austria (Leopoldstadt)
(0) 1 219 89 77
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #85 of 2,866 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Leopoldstadt
Arlington, Texas
“Visiting Vienna from Arlington Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife, daughter and mother and I luckily found this place after passing on the restaurant recommended by our hotel. We noticed the upscale outdoor decor with white table cloths and thought this was worth trying. We looked at the menu and decided to try four different entrees to share. My wife had the chicken, mom the linguini with shrimp, daughter the cod, and I the beef goulash. All four dishes were fantastic. The goulash was so much different from anything I have ever had back home in Texas, but it reminded me of something I had had many time before (i love chicken mole enchiladas). They do a semi mole sauce over four meatball size chunks of roast beef with a sour cream dumpling that was awesome! The waiter then brought us this meringue desert with a pineapple caramel sauce that was a perfect end to the meal. The waiters were very nice and helpful to us non German speaking customers.

Needless to say I will be telling our hotel to start recommending Skopik and Lohn to their out of town and country guests.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Vienna, Austria
“Great food, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The atmosphere, the wine list, the food, the service.. everything is just EXCELLENT!! It is definitely one of the best restaurants in Vienna.. Austrian cuisine with a modern twist.

• Visited May 2013
Vienna, Austria
“Nice, but overloaded staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Beautiful setting with a nice seatingarea outside, especially on a beautiful evening as it was when we visited. Were friendly welcomed and no fuss as we were in very very casual dress. Food was good, not outstanding, but very ok, but the staff seemed so overloaded that actually they missed some business with us. Didnt ask for another glass of wine when mine was empty, didnt ask for desert or coffee whilst we wanted some and I almost wanted to go without paying as we waited very long for the bill. Dont get me wrong, they were very nice, but hardly ever showed up at our table which was inside and not many other guests were there. Anyway, hope the owner reads that... you have great opportunities to make more business, just serve your customers ! But i would go back again, still a nice place!

Visited June 2013
vienna
“Probably the best Bistro in Vienna,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Sinne the opening of Skopik and Lohn,this Fine Beisl,serves Austrian Cuisine with a Special Twist,
Yesterday I ate a Baked Blunzenradl with a Maracuja Potato Püree.The Wiener Schnitzel which my french Nephew ate,Looses perfectly and I had to try it,and it was probably One of the best in the recent months ! The quality in the Last 24 months Never changed,the Service is very smart.The Restaurant is very well booked and you have to Reserve a couple of days in advance.
The vallue is perfect , for a Party of eight I paid 290.- Euros.

• Visited May 2013
Washington
“Ausgezeichnet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Really nice to wander in this neighborhood. This was a recommendation from our hotel and I have to say it was worth the walk. We were given a private room for our large party and everything was excellent. Very nice wine list, friendly staff and nice, fresh take on Austrian with very delicious fish and salads in addition to the more traditional.

Visited April 2013